Nikon D7200 official

alfie - can share roughly how much please?

I will wait for the real world using it and see any comments

I'm very tempted to get it for the crop factor for my macro (200mm f/4) and birding

They should call it D400.. That would really boost sales.

I'm very tempted to get it for the crop factor for my macro (200mm f/4) and birding
Similar thinking... I don't think next 3 yrs they can improve this dx sensor much. So just get one and enjoy the photography process..

Similar thinking... I don't think next 3 yrs they can improve this dx sensor much. So just get one and enjoy the photography process..

Yeap. I already skipped the D7100 in hopes of an improvement. Well, the wifi is a great addition, and with the D7200 priced so low, i bit the bullet. Will take it out for a shoot tomorrow :)

Yeap. I already skipped the D7100 in hopes of an improvement. Well, the wifi is a great addition, and with the D7200 priced so low, i bit the bullet. Will take it out for a shoot tomorrow :)
Champ😜👏👏👏

I've not used a Nikon APS-C camera in awhile. My last one was the Nikon D90.. quite a bit has changed. Note that I have not owned and rarely used the D7000/D7100, so for upgraders this might not be a good mini review. I've been using the Nikon full frames for awhile (D600, D810, Df) and been wanting to get a crop factor camera for birding/macro purposes.

Few observation/gripes
1. I can't find the 'ISO display and adjustment' option. My d90/d810/df has it. The only way i can get ISO to show on my OVF now is by enabling EasyISO.

2. The top LCD is now very simplified. (Numbers are larger too) I cant see the AF selected points on the top panel now. (Since there's no tilt, i tend to use that to see the AF point and angle the camera from waist height

$inhand-top.jpg

3. The shutter is signifcantly quieter then my D90 in my opinion. On a noisy street, its quite discreet.

4. Wifi works well with my iphone. No password when u first enable, but its easy to configure it via the phone. (Wonder why nikon dun let u configure via the camera) You can select images to be send to smartphone/wifi on next connect. (Something that seems to only exist on builtin-wifi cameras.. I don't get that on my df+wifi adapter.. I wished i could just use a dedicated button in play screen to instantly mark my photos. (On my D810 + eye-fi i can use lock to mark photos)

5. I didn't get to test NFC (iphone user.. haha) and its enabled by default on the camera. I switched it off.

6. Liveview autofocus is decent. I don't plan to use it but its good to have. The AF points in OVF mode is very well spread out and I doubt I need to use liveview to autofocus on the edge. (Note that the aperture behaviour is like the D600, you need to take a shot to change the aperture)

As mentioned, I'm new to APS-C nikons, and if any of the above is obvious to you, I apologize.

How does the high ISO performance of the D7200 compare with that of the Df ?

I've not gotten enuf time to test it accurately, but looking at the SOOC JPEG (Normal NR) at ISO6400, the DF is much better. I'll most prob set my auto ISO to max of 6400 just to push it a bit, but it will require DxO Optics Pro to clean up the noise. (D7200 support only comes in May..so...)

The D7200 focuses better in dark conditions though. I suspect this is due to the newer AF module. (The DF has difficult focusing in low light, even the D810 focuses better)

Few observation/gripes
1. I can't find the 'ISO display and adjustment' option. My d90/d810/df has it. The only way i can get ISO to show on my OVF now is by enabling EasyISO.

When you hold down the ISO button on the left of the main LCD screen, the ISO value will show in the top lcd and also in the ovf. IIRC, turn the front dial to turn auto ISO on/off, turn the back dial to change ISO.

When you hold down the ISO button on the left of the main LCD screen, the ISO value will show in the top lcd and also in the ovf. IIRC, turn the front dial to turn auto ISO on/off, turn the back dial to change ISO.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I usually shoot with auto-ISO. (I will adjust a max/shutter so suit current day shooting) and use the front dial for easy-exposure compensation. When i meter (half press) the ovf will show the ISO value. On the D7200 if i'm not using easy-ISO, it shows frames/buffer remaining. So I can't tell how high an ISO went for a shot (so i can compensate with exposure or aperture). Not sure if the D7100 was already like that. Now I shoot with easy-ISO so it shows the ISO value, and two button press for exposure compensation.

That is in USD right?

D7200 body SGD1189. Yes :p

Last edited:
Would say the extra raw buffer is nice to have, and i could burst quite a bit before it got full and couldn't flush out fast enuf. With RAW + Normal JPG (Optimal quality) i get a [r11] buffer size.

Took my D7200 out for a test run with my Nikkor 200mm F/4 Micro and Sigma 18-35/1.8 ART. All photos with NR normal, SOOC JPEG. DxO Optics Pro can't handle the raw yet :( There's a few decently high ISO shots here.

Spider repairing the web after a leaf tore a small hole

Spider repairing the web after a leaf tore a small hole

Handheld Shot

Long exposure

16296531833_8717bb2ae7_b.jpg

Tried on 105mm macro lens, 1/500, ISO1600, F10, cropped

Sorry I wasn't clear. I usually shoot with auto-ISO. (I will adjust a max/shutter so suit current day shooting) and use the front dial for easy-exposure compensation. When i meter (half press) the ovf will show the ISO value. On the D7200 if i'm not using easy-ISO, it shows frames/buffer remaining. So I can't tell how high an ISO went for a shot (so i can compensate with exposure or aperture). Not sure if the D7100 was already like that. Now I shoot with easy-ISO so it shows the ISO value, and two button press for exposure compensation.

D7200 body SGD1189. Yes :p

Please let me know which shop selling at SGD1189? Even Technogadget is selling at SGD1346.
thanks