Nikon D7100 Hands-On Preview

Wonder if this will be the flagship for nikon dx dslr and permanently discountinue the D300/s product line. Meaning, no more D400...

looks likely no more d400. this is d7100 is quite a DX beast.

Hmm... I just read the preview by Dpreview. It certainly is no slouch, but I wonder if it would sway current D7000 users. But then again, judging at the rate and price users are dumping their D7000, I'm sure it's success is guaranteed.

Of course, that's assuming everything works as they should....

Hmm... I just read the preview by Dpreview. It certainly is no slouch, but I wonder if it would sway current D7000 users. But then again, judging at the rate and price users are dumping their D7000, I'm sure it's success is guaranteed.

Of course, that's assuming everything works as they should....

A fresh round of dumping has started :bsmilie:

Anyways, it would be a shame that the D7100 will be plagued by AF or dust/oil splatter issues :bsmilie:

1.3x crop factor. Wow.

Such a beast, i'm swayed for a change too! Haha.

1.3x crop factor. Wow.

It is not 1.3x crop factor la. Must read properly.

It is DX format sensor. You can enable 1.3x crop mode and it will crop the FOV 1.3x more... making it a 2x crop. useful for video.

It is DX format sensor. You can enable 1.3x crop mode and it will crop the FOV 1.3x more... making it a 2x crop. useful for video.

For sports too, cos under the 1.3x crop, the AF array will cover almost the whole of the frame ;)

Ordered mine already :)

1197 USD from Amazon, will be about 1700 sgd by the time I pay the tax shipping extra

So it's true that the Nikon D800E does have an AA filter .......... they added an other filter to cancel it ....... :what:

A fresh round of dumping has started :bsmilie:

Anyways, it would be a shame that the D7100 will be plagued by AF or dust/oil splatter issues :bsmilie:

Looking at D7000 and D600, this oil issue will most probably be the bundled package with D7100 :sweat:

For sports too, cos under the 1.3x crop, the AF array will cover almost the whole of the frame ;)

For shooting wildlife useful too...

I hope it has more internal buffer than the tiny one that the D7000 has.

Ordered mine already :)

1197 USD from Amazon, will be about 1700 sgd by the time I pay the tax shipping extra

How about warranty then? Amazon products doesn't comes with international warranty ? What if it comes out as oil issues ?

Outstanding Nikon!

[video=youtube;JngMk4hZR50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JngMk4hZR50[/video]

Does this mean this? (600mm * 2 * 1.4TC = 1680mm). If so, sounds good for birding!

Last edited: