nikon D70s

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugsz

Aug 14, 2006
Sorry for asking but if you are based in Singapore, it's better to buy it here since there's no international warranty for DSLRs.

Bugsz said:
hi i'm new to photography and i'm thinking of getting nikon d70s as my first camera. any recommendations abt this model of camera?
i'm thinking of getting it from ebay but have no idea if it is worth it

why buy from ebay when there r many shops in SIN that sell at very reasonable price, eg ms colour, tk foto etc etc go down to the shop & have a feel of the grip.

i'm thinking of that too but have no idea where can i get good deal for camera etc, and lens and things they offer in that auction looks quite attractive. any suggestions on where should i go to and what lens etc should i get?

my budget is around 1.5 - 2k

d80 seem quite expensive... + lens and everything i'll probably be broke till end of the yr after getting it

scandisk said:
you may want to wait a few more months and get the D80...

agreed....:thumbsup:

got cam1000 AF module in the D80....:thumbsup:

i think there is no point getting the latest model cause the price will definately drop very fast so maybe when d80 comes out hopefully d70 price will drop then maybe i should get it at that time

bugsz said:
i think there is no point getting the latest model cause the price will definately drop very fast so maybe when d80 comes out hopefully d70 price will drop then maybe i should get it at that time

D70 very old already leh...

get D70s or D50...

Whatever your decisions, it's better to buy the DSLR in your own country (unlike lens).

Nothing wrong with the D70S; our fellow CSers were just kind to highlight the coming D80 in case you have not already known (of course we all do).

Ultimately, buy what you need. Enjoy. :)

i'm thinking of getting d70s kit any recommandations on where can i get it?
and what is the price range of the camera

if you can wait a 2 weeks, then i'd suggest looking at the D80
the viewfinder is enough a reason to pay the difference in price.

CLS control is another reason

bugsz said:
hi i'm new to photography and i'm thinking of getting nikon d70s as my first camera. any recommendations abt this model of camera?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D70S-SLR-3500-3-LENS-PRO-KIT-4-GIG-CARD-NEW_W0QQitemZ300014442406QQihZ020QQcategoryZ43456QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is the package i might wanna get.

that package seems to bundle all the funny funny stuffs and then sell for a higher price. beware the item you get are different.
like what the others have said, best is to get from local shop. maybe a d70s kit + sb600 (total up close to 2k)

how much will a d80 cost?

Available: September 2006

US$999.95 ESP Camera body only, lens sold separately
US$1299.95 ESP Packaged with 18-135mm DX Zoom Nikkor lens

bugsz said:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-D70S-SLR-3500-3-LENS-PRO-KIT-4-GIG-CARD-NEW_W0QQitemZ300014442406QQihZ020QQcategoryZ43456QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this is the package i might wanna get.

bro, u should go to Harvey Norman at mellinia walk, the price they quote me is very good.. if u wanna know wat i get u can PM me.

good thing about buying from HN is for a little bit more, yes it is more expansive
you get an extended warranty

note: the extended warranty does not cover CCD cleaning

for the site that u send, alot of the items do not match the description.

- It sometimes says D70, sometimes D70s, and the picture showing is a D70, sometimes D70s
- the picture of the lens shown are 3rd party lens and not nikkon lens
- they include a 3rd party flash.... y get 3rd party when nikon got the best flash system in the market?

Better dun get from ebay... at least from this ebay seller. Get from our local dealers, or our Buy & Sell section :sweat:

ExplorerZ said:
that package seems to bundle all the funny funny stuffs and then sell for a higher price. beware the item you get are different.
like what the others have said, best is to get from local shop. maybe a d70s kit + sb600 (total up close to 2k)

the pics of the lens together with the specs looks diff...:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.