Nikon D70s at Harvey Norman

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightStalker

Jun 7, 2006
NTU
stanchai.multiply.com
hi, i saw this offer at Harvey Norman. Thought u guys might be interested..
Nikon D70s + Case + Dry Box + Digital Interactive Imaging E-Book + 2GB CF Card + 2 GB CF Card + 2 yrs extended warranty by harvey norman. All at $1,788.
And no, i didn't repeat the 2gb cf card. There 2 cf 2gb card :D

WAh...Nice price....its the warranty that looks good..

Wow 2GB CF Card + 2 GB CF Card = 4 GB and 1 yrs normal warranty + 2 yrs extended warranty = 3 years Warranty by harvey norman all at $1,788. :thumbsup: Good Price ;p

:bigeyes:

Good price ! Is D80 on the way ?:bsmilie:

This is good price with the extended warranty..:thumbsup:

is the kit lens included?got a feeling it's not.

no kit lens.

anyone know the offers on Canon 350D and E500? also coming with 2 year extended warr?

davsmiths said:
no kit lens.

anyone know the offers on Canon 350D and E500? also coming with 2 year extended warr?

So there's the catch. Not a very good buy... the D70s kit lens is actually very good. Something that you can actually use for the long term. I wouldn't buy a D70s without it unless I own a stockpile of nikon lenses.... but I wouldn't mind getting a Canon dslr without the kit lens....

syc77 said:
is the kit lens included?got a feeling it's not.

Is ok without the kit lens. So can go for 18-200mm VR instead :bigeyes:

$1788 should be the Kits set RRP.
If body, will be lower..

the newspaper article did not state with kit lens

however the E500 comes with dual lens at $1599 with 1 1Gb + 1 2Gb + the misc stuff...
Not sure about warranty period though, although members can enjoy 36months interest free installments plus additional 1 year warranty if extended warranty scheme is purchased.

Abit different from Lightstalker's deal

if u have the Harvey Norman Citibank credit card it's another 5% discount off the $1,788 which works out to be $1,699!!! If you don't have the card, get it now!!!

try to bargain for another 2 years extended warranty if u can :p

trd2970 said:
try to bargain for another 2 years extended warranty if u can :p

harvey normal and all those superstores are not market place where you get to bargain... all their prices are fixed

ExplorerZ said:
harvey normal and all those superstores are not market place where you get to bargain... all their prices are fixed

Alot of people though that too, those big department/superstoes cannot bargain. You all wrong ,try to ask for discount form them then you know. :bigeyes:

Nope...

you are incorrect..
Prices at HN, Best, Audio House, etc...are still flexible..

Their salesman know the amount of discount or freebies that they can offer if a customer "die-die" wants more discount.
I squeeze 1 extra 1GB card before, and slashed prices by a few hundreds for a plasma TV too at HN before..

If the price cant go down...ask for a 1 extra 2GB card or 1 GB card then..
Good luck:thumbsup:

If I were you..

Just find out what AP/CP or MS is offering for the D70s..
and let the HN guy knows what you can get outside (and they know what these ppl are selling....so dont tell them AP selling at $1500, ok?)

The sales should able to match and better the offer with an extra freebies..

cannonball said:
If I were you..

Just find out what AP/CP or MS is offering for the D70s..
and let the HN guy knows what you can get outside (and they know what these ppl are selling....so dont tell them AP selling at $1500, ok?)

The sales should able to match and better the offer with an extra freebies..

Wow... didn't know that HN staff can give discounts/freebies... though everything is fixed leh. Thanks for the info! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.