Nikon D7000 shutter limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicoverline

Dec 3, 2010
does anyone knows what is the D7000 shutter limit ? And what happens if we reach that limit?

Extremely accurate, highly durable shutter unit proven by 150,000 cycles of shutter-release testing

The D7000 has a shutter speed range of 1/8,000 to 30 s, with a top flash synchronization speed of 1/250 s. The newly developed shutter unit, that has an equivalent performance to that of the D300S, is tested for 150,000 cycles with the shutter actually loaded to prove its high durability. Furthermore, it employs a self-diagnostic system to ensure precise exposure. This system accurately monitors how long the shutter curtain is open, and if a variance between the designated shutter speed and the actual shutter timing is detected, the camera will automatically maintain shutter speed precision by gradually shifting the timing of the rear curtain movement. If a large variance is detected, the monitor recognizes this as shutter failure and flashes an error message in the viewfinder.

Source: http://imaging.nikon.com/products/imaging/lineup/digitalcamera/slr/d7000/features03.htm

you can use your camera till its shutter fail. you never know when it will fail, you will only know when it fail. The figures provided is a rough figure. it can fail before or can last way past the estimate. there is no need to worry about shutter failure. Most probably, you will upgrade before the shutter fail. :D

Should the shutter fail, you can get it replace at the service centre. with a cost of cost. :D

i dun think you need to worry so much shutter limit, feel free to shoot as frequent as you please...

unless you are a person who only shoots at 6fps for all your shoot out.

i guess when the shutter fails, it does exactly as what it means.. it fails..

i personally think that one shouldn't be too worried about the shutter failing and too conscious of shutter counts as it defeats the purpose of photography. just be trigger happy, and pay a small fraction of the cost of the camera to get the shutter replaced when the time really comes.

my humble 2 cents.

Nowadays you can be pretty sure that you will already buy a new camera before the shutter fails. Unless you like to hold the shutter button at 6 fps for 2 hours to see what happens.

wat if your shutter limit reach when u are shooting in a wedding? and no backup camera....

does anyone knows what is the D7000 shutter limit ? And what happens if we reach that limit?
If one day take 100 photos, ones need to shoot everyday without failed for 4.1 year to reach the 150,000 cycles.

and I think most people will replace their camera long before shutter failed.

anyway, if the camera shutter do failed, you can replace it at a cost.

Hope you satisfied with the answers found in this thread.

thread closed.

wat if your shutter limit reach when u are shooting in a wedding? and no backup camera....
if you shoot for money, get a back up body.

if you shoot for leisure, keep your camera and time for party.

if you shoot for duty/free, solve your own problem instead become the couples' problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.