Nikon D7000 Firmware Out

Good news... will be updating when I get home later XD

Side-effect:

*After the firmware is upgraded, bright spots may be visible in the monitor while the camera is autofocusing with the shutter-release button pressed halfway in live view mode. However, these bright spots are not recorded with still images and movies and are not visible in the monitor while the camera is autofocusing during movie recording.

Weird... what is it about? Hmm...

Side-effect:

*After the firmware is upgraded, bright spots may be visible in the monitor while the camera is autofocusing with the shutter-release button pressed halfway in live view mode. However, these bright spots are not recorded with still images and movies and are not visible in the monitor while the camera is autofocusing during movie recording.

Weird... what is it about? Hmm...

Probably the auto-mapping only kicks in during recording and writing. Live view is desirable to be as "live" as possible with minimum lag.

dear seniors, a noob qn that seeks enlightenment.

assuming that it's like what Luv4Nature said, does it mean the firmware is more like a 'work around' or 'fix' rather than solving the root cause of problem (hot pixel)?

TIA.:)

dear seniors, a noob qn that seeks enlightenment.

assuming that it's like what Luv4Nature said, does it mean the firmware is more like a 'work around' or 'fix' rather than solving the root cause of problem (hot pixel)?

TIA.:)

firmware patch usually can't solve root cause if the cause is on the hardware side.
But then again did anyone prove the problem is on the hardware?

usually a firware patch will tweak some settings in the cam, most likely like auto mapping of the hot pixels to the pixel next to it, or they can even tweak the operating temp of the cam during high iso and long exposure shot (just my imagination, I was thinking in the line of car's ECU).

I think I am lucky, so far even without the patch, I don't get to see obvious hot pixels in high ISO, have not try long exposure, maybe tomorrow night going for a night shoot.

Cheers.

too bad no fix on the low light AF hunt.

No firmware update can solve AF hunt in low light.

Your camera sensor is not as perfect as human eyes maa :cool:

updated mine.

so far.. no more hot pixel appearing on both Live view and 1080 movie up to iso6400, even on caps on test. :D

but take note.. somehow.. mine set is the same as other forum members one.. i was extremely disappointed after the first time i upgraded the firmware, because it turned out no different.. and one hot pixel becoming more obvious.
so.. i did the second upgrade ... phew... the issue is gone!

anyway.. i suspect tat was due to the last 2 steps that i didnt follow.
# Switch on the camera, and access the Firmware version item in the setup menu to confirm that the camera's firmware has been upgraded. Switch camera off, re-insert SD memory card.
# Format memory card in camera for use.

cheers.

updated mine.

so far.. no more hot pixel appearing on both Live view and 1080 movie up to iso6400, even on caps on test. :D

but take note.. somehow.. mine set is the same as other forum members one.. i was extremely disappointed after the first time i upgraded the firmware, because it turned out no different.. and one hot pixel becoming more obvious.
so.. i did the second upgrade ... phew... the issue is gone!

anyway.. i suspect tat was due to the last 2 steps that i didnt follow.
# Switch on the camera, and access the Firmware version item in the setup menu to confirm that the camera's firmware has been upgraded. Switch camera off, re-insert SD memory card.
# Format memory card in camera for use.

cheers.

* update on the quote.
this firmware only fix hot pixel in movie mode. still image still appearing exactly the same on my set, before/after.

Just a note guys,
I thought my camera was having a hot pixel as i tested it with lens cap-on video.
I switched to another lens and try and issue was solved! :)

Patched, hot pixel in video gone. Photo hot pixel still can be seen (Pixel peep at 100%) but the brightness reduced by about 10 luminance so not so obvious now.

Last edited:
My one and only hot pixel green dot on LV mode is gone!!!! :cool: