Nikon D70 workshop at PSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Yee

Feb 13, 2004
www.fotopassion.com
Dear all,

Somehow, feedback from some people and I also just realised that the original thread has been moved to General Discussions for what reason I do not know. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=123082

Can the moderator look into it? A bit strange to have the thread there, it is like mixing salt and sugar.

The next workshop is on 3rd April. The 1 to 3pm slot is full. Hence, I allocated another slot 3.45pm to 5.45pm.

As usual, I limit the workshop to only 20 people so that it is easier for you to learn. I do not believe learning in mass lecture of 40 to 50 people.

LIke what I mention in the workshop, it is impossible to teach you all the features of the D70 within the 2 hours, but I believed I have covered most of the essentials ones and I am glad most of you benefitted from it.

As for the flash photography, a proper lesson on flashlight will easily take up at least 45 minutes, and a very brief one. What I have told the class is a short cut trick to get decent pictures with flash.

Enjoy yourself with the D70 in the meantime.

I would love to extend the workshop and I will discuss with Nikon about the proceedings. Like I mention, I only allow a maximum of 20 per class, and teaching at $5 (actually about $3 per head for me, less other cost) per head for 2 hours and pass on so many tips to you is purely out of passion. I went beyond what is expected of me, not just telling you the essential functions, but I pass on the "survival" tips.

I ran through the survey forms and the general consensus is you have enjoyed the session, with a few suggesting that they do not mind paying a bit more to learn more about basic photography. I supposed basic photography is actually not within the scope, but I nonetheless provide the class an overview (20 minutes actually) on the fundamentals of photography, as well as my personal workflow which is pretty easy to learn and understand.

Anyway, for those who are keen to learn more about basic photography, you are welcome to sign up in our digital basic photography course, where you shall see me in module 2 and 3 for at least 10 hours to "squeeze me dry".

sign me up for the 3rd april slot..rafiano...

i'm also interested in it. Can i make the reservation with you or i'll need to go thru PSS?

I think it's better you call up PSS to book with Diane or Kellyn. Tel: 63343361

Steven Yee said:
Dear all,

Somehow, feedback from some people and I also just realised that the original thread has been moved to General Discussions for what reason I do not know. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=123082

Can the moderator look into it? A bit strange to have the thread there, it is like mixing salt and sugar.
Hi Steven,

I moved the thread to the General section as it was a discussion about your course. The Workshop/Shoot sub-forum is for members to sign-up for courses.

Hi Steven,

When you going to have Nikon D2h workshop at PSS ?? .... ;)

Where were the photos you 'snap snap"of me during the Hui Yi at esplanade ?? If you still have it or in the Trash ??.. please email me to : knight.ong@gmail.com :)

Good works .. :thumbsup:

Darren said:
Hi Steven,

I moved the thread to the General section as it was a discussion about your course. The Workshop/Shoot sub-forum is for members to sign-up for courses.

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the clarification. The D70 workshop, actually named as "Quick guide to taking good pictures with the D70", is a workshop open to people who purchased the D70 DSLR.

And yup, the reason why I put in the workshop forum is becuase it is a workshop for people to know about the dates and sign up.

Would appreciate if you could let it remain in this workshop forum.

KNIGHT ONG said:
Hi Steven,

When you going to have Nikon D2h workshop at PSS ?? .... ;)

Where were the photos you 'snap snap"of me during the Hui Yi at esplanade ?? If you still have it or in the Trash ??.. please email me to : knight.ong@gmail.com :)

Good works .. :thumbsup:

Just got the D2X. A good investment.

Good idea. I will propose a workshop for the D2H/D2Hs and the D2X with Nikon. Will keep in touch. But usually people who buy the D2H and D2X are semi pro or professional and they are not keen to go for such workshops.

Steven Yee said:
Hi Darren,

Thanks for the clarification. The D70 workshop, actually named as "Quick guide to taking good pictures with the D70", is a workshop open to people who purchased the D70 DSLR.

And yup, the reason why I put in the workshop forum is becuase it is a workshop for people to know about the dates and sign up.

Frankly, When I first saw the post by Truth Photographer, I was quite surprised to see such a long writeup. And yeah, she posted it before I could do it. No offence to Truth. Sori. Will blanjah you dinner lah. But great to see that she is progressing well. Probably it is because of the long post, Darren thought it is a discussion.

When the thread was sent to "discussion", Truth was the first to inform me, followed by a few others.

I still think the "workshop" forum is a better place for the thread. This is why I start the new thread here, and yeah, ahead of Truth, haha. This time, I am faster than her. I think she will insist of abalone dinner for teasing her.

Darren, hope you understand.

Thanks for the hard work, Darren. I will be posting the new dates here. Pls do not throw it back to "discussion".

Steven Yee said:
Just got the D2X. A good investment.

Good idea. I will propose a workshop for the D2H/D2Hs and the D2X with Nikon. Will keep in touch. But usually people who buy the D2H and D2X are semi pro or professional and they are not keen to go for such workshops.

Why dont hold it outdoor to shoot sport or something fast moving, ask them for big MaMa lens to tag along ... :)

Image all the D2........... gang up shooting with MaMa lenses ... :bigeyes:

You have my support ... ;)

Steven Yee said:
Hi Darren,

Hi Steven,

As long as the discussion is about future, upcoming workshops AND you are asking members to sign up, it can remain here.

As far as the thread that Truth_Photographer posted, it was more of an after-the-fact feedback on a past course, so we feel it was more appropriate to be in the General section. However, we will review it and see if it can be moved back (and merged) if its more suitable here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Steven Yee said:
Dear Steven,

LIke what I mention in the workshop, it is impossible to teach you all the features of the D70 within the 2 hours, but I believed I have covered most of the essentials ones and I am glad most of you benefitted from it.

yahlah i agreed with you that is impossible to learn all the features of D70 with in 2 hours. i took few days reading the user manual and play with all button found on my D70. but still got one button i haven't press yet, which is the "Reset" button ;). hope that no need to use this button :D

due to overwhelming response, the 2 batches of D70 workshops this weekend is full.

I have scheduled another batch on the 10th April, 1pm to 3pm. It is filling up fast.

KNIGHT ONG said:
Why dont hold it outdoor to shoot sport or something fast moving, ask them for big MaMa lens to tag along ... :)

Image all the D2........... gang up shooting with MaMa lenses ... :bigeyes:

You have my support ... ;)

Cool cool. This will indeed be an eye opener!

how do i sign up for the workshop?

Will there be a sat class ? Thanks

Hi all,

Due to the overwhelming response, this weekend's batch is full.

I am glad that the previous participants have enjoyed themselves thoroughly.

Indeed, I am also surprised to see veteran instructors coming to the workshop to see my workflow. Anyway, I am teaching out of passion and no harm sharing.

Most will agree that at $5 per head, it is value for money.

I have planned another batch to be held on 16th April, Saturday, from 12.15pm to 2.15pm. Pls email my staff at pss1950@singnet.com.sg to register and leave your contact number in the email.

See ya.

Hi all,

The 16th April (12.15 to 2.15pm) batch is full house.

The next one shall be on 23rd April (12.15 to 2.15pm). Pls email my staff at pss1950@singnet.com.sg quickly to reserve a place. The next batch after this is likely to be in May.

Once again, thanks for the support and overwhelming response.

its really value for $$ I went last sunday n its the first time i attend a workshop.
Great experience :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.