Nikon D70 spots on the photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstn_asia

Oct 6, 2004
Jurong West
Hi guys, need some advise. I found the dark spot on my photos recently (exact same spot on every shot). I checked the lenses and no dust was found. I follow the procedure in the manaul to open the filter and found a dark spot object on my CCD. :bigeyes: the manul say I can try using a blower.

Question is, where can I get that blower? And how much will it cost? If I just walked into the camera shop and tell them I wan to buy the blower will they understand? :confused:

flip up ya screen and clean yaself??
there is this tutiorial on tt here in clubsnap...

cheers

Wow.. the manual sure makes it sound easy. Better becareful. Once there a scratch on the CCD... well.. time to act blur :dunno: and claim the warranty

hstn_asia said:
Question is, where can I get that blower? And how much will it cost? If I just walked into the camera shop and tell them I wan to buy the blower will they understand? :confused:

Hi hstn_asia, a good blower will cost about $10~$15 depending on the brand.
If you go Cathay Photo or TCW, they will defintely understand.

just a question. After blowing.. where does the dust go? I'm sure some will come OUT of the camera but a lot more will go further in? But most importantly it's just OFF the CCD?

if u do not know how to, better send it to nikon singapore for them to clean your ccd. it's free if your cam is under warranty

Got the blower today from Allan photo with the help of my friends whom I never know he's been hobbying on photography for a long times. The blower cost me 21 bucks. ;p

The manual is quite comprehensive. And hahahaa I managed to get rid of that spot.... :sweatsm:

Sad thing is the photo i took yesterday are all affected.... :cry: :bheart:

Anyway, Thanks all for your recommendation...

hstn_asia said:
Got the blower today from Allan photo with the help of my friends whom I never know he's been hobbying on photography for a long times. The blower cost me 21 bucks. ;p

The manual is quite comprehensive. And hahahaa I managed to get rid of that spot.... :sweatsm:

Sad thing is the photo i took yesterday are all affected.... :cry: :bheart:

Anyway, Thanks all for your recommendation...

ermm which blower is that ? I got a blue colored blower with a plastic tube covering the metal tip which cost abt $15 and it works great.

yes the blue one with the plastic cover the tip... gosh... you got it at 15bucks only? :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.