Nikon D70 spots on the photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstn_asia

Oct 6, 2004
Jurong West
Hi guys, need some advise. I found the dark spot on my photos recently (exact same spot on every shot). I checked the lenses and no dust was found. I follow the procedure in the manaul to open the filter and found a dark spot object on my CCD. :bigeyes: the manul say I can try using a blower.

Question is, where can I get that blower? And how much will it cost? If I just walked into the camera shop and tell them I wan to buy the blower will they understand? :confused:

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
Wow.. the manual sure makes it sound easy. Better becareful. Once there a scratch on the CCD... well.. time to act blur :dunno: and claim the warranty

hstn_asia said:
Question is, where can I get that blower? And how much will it cost? If I just walked into the camera shop and tell them I wan to buy the blower will they understand? :confused:
Hi hstn_asia, a good blower will cost about $10~$15 depending on the brand.
If you go Cathay Photo or TCW, they will defintely understand.

yanyewkay

Sep 22, 2004
Cons digger.
just a question. After blowing.. where does the dust go? I'm sure some will come OUT of the camera but a lot more will go further in? But most importantly it's just OFF the CCD?

quekky

Sep 13, 2003
www.irphotography.com
if u do not know how to, better send it to nikon singapore for them to clean your ccd. it's free if your cam is under warranty

hstn_asia

Oct 6, 2004
Jurong West
Got the blower today from Allan photo with the help of my friends whom I never know he's been hobbying on photography for a long times. The blower cost me 21 bucks. ;p

The manual is quite comprehensive. And hahahaa I managed to get rid of that spot.... :sweatsm:

Sad thing is the photo i took yesterday are all affected.... :cry: :bheart:

Anyway, Thanks all for your recommendation...

hstn_asia said:
Got the blower today from Allan photo with the help of my friends whom I never know he's been hobbying on photography for a long times. The blower cost me 21 bucks. ;p

The manual is quite comprehensive. And hahahaa I managed to get rid of that spot.... :sweatsm:

Sad thing is the photo i took yesterday are all affected.... :cry: :bheart:

Anyway, Thanks all for your recommendation...
ermm which blower is that ? I got a blue colored blower with a plastic tube covering the metal tip which cost abt $15 and it works great.

hstn_asia

Oct 6, 2004
Jurong West
yes the blue one with the plastic cover the tip... gosh... you got it at 15bucks only? :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom