Nikon D70 so popular??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kongg

Feb 8, 2002
Ang Mo Kio outskirts
kongg.clubsnap.org
Today went to SLS to jalan jalan. Visited AP, was browsing and overheard several customers enquiring abt the D70. Customers was told no stock. Have to "Chop". Went back to MS color in AMK, chatted with the boss, he ,mentioned D70 in his shop all snapped up.......

At the price of S$2,050.00 wif kit lens, very tempting leh......

The design and pricing for the D70 is a rather brilliant stroke from Nikon. Spec-wise, it's not a *******ized version of the D100, and price-wise, its attractive to a large market, whether you're a seasoned pro, or a newbie at photography, the D70 is priced very competitively to appeal to almost everyone. Even saw a few rich uncles who buy the D70 at the shop, thinking its a high-class P&S-type camera :bsmilie:

Buy buy buy! Why wait?

D70 so cheap yet so amazing.

D100 is to be replaced. And the new product price point will be cheaper than current D100 price. Hence no point buying D100. Just go for D70, sure no regret. All my newbies friends are enjoying their D70. Nikon strike gold this time.

everything is good except the shitty auto white balance. its as good as a pretty girl with blind eyes. Pay a bitmore and get the D100, man.

Goldmember said:
everything is good except the shitty auto white balance. its as good as a pretty girl with blind eyes. Pay a bitmore and get the D100, man.
I beg your pardon, as far as I know AWB in D70 is excellent compared to some other cameras.

i think the scenerio will be more like the samsung E700E when everyone is reserving one set from every hp dealers... :bsmilie:

Goldmember said:

Based on what is it shitty?

arikevin said:
I beg your pardon, as far as I know AWB in D70 is excellent compared to some other cameras.

I just got my D70. I agree that the AWB is way off. I have no doubts about that. And that is comparing to a prosumer F828 that is spot on everytime, so often I take it for granted.

yep... be prepared to spend more $$$... :cry:
spare batteries, cf card, longer zoom lenses, tripod, ball head, camera bag, cleaning accessories, portable storage... :sweatsm:

acidbyte said:
Just got mine from TK Photo today. Looks like it's the beginning of investment for DSLR gear. Tried it on my way home with the default lens. Whole world of difference from my previous camera.

I am still using the cheapo < $50 tripod. Can someone educate me those manfrotto carbon fibre tripod and ball head, what good are those over a cheapo tripod? Also can recommend me what tripod to buy and what price roughly?

(its as good as a pretty girl with blind eyes)

Well like a pretty girl with blind eyes you need to explore more. Understanding the D70 limitations and work beyond its limitations will make you a better photographer.

Cheers

airforce1 said:
(its as good as a pretty girl with blind eyes)

Well like a pretty girl with blind eyes you need to explore more. Understanding the D70 limitations and work beyond its limitations will make you a better photographer.

Cheers

"ideally" it should be this way but its hard to accept after paying so much of $$$$$$, me tui sim gua.

Goldmember said:
"ideally" it should be this way but its hard to accept after paying so much of $$$$$$, me tui sim gua.

WB not so bad what....provided u know how to use of coz. ;) D70 is one of the cheaper entry-level DSLR, still complaining abt $$$$$...:bigeyes:...wait till u start to go into the areana of the big guns. :bsmilie: Like that hor, think u better downgrade to a cheap P&S, one that u don't need to think so much one....then no need tui sim gua liow :bsmilie:

CAMEDIA said:
WB not so bad what....provided u know how to use of coz. ;) D70 is one of the cheaper entry-level DSLR, still complaining abt $$$$$...:bigeyes:...wait till u start to go into the areana of the big guns. :bsmilie: Like that hor, think u better downgrade to a cheap P&S, one that u don't need to think so much one....then no need tui sim gua liow :bsmilie:

Solid man, you are absolutely right. Now i am looking at the upgrading to Sony W1 as a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.