Nikon D70 Newbie Outing

Status
Not open for further replies.
lanxx said:
LOL, ESPN, dun bluff!!
;)
Yah lor, he where got use Coolpix wan? He use webcam (model name is called Bazhang100 :D ) + torchlight ok. Very powderful stuff. Dun pray pray ok. ;)

nck, date preferred
===============
0) XXXXX, 3/7
1) Dennis, 10/7, 17/7 or 11/7 also can.
2) Nemesis32, 3/7 or 17/7 (shd be ok)
3) Paul Yeo, 3/7, 10/7, 11/7
4) Ajeesh 3/7, 10/7, 11/7 17/7 ( :thumbsup: )

3/7: 2
10/7: 1
11/7: 2
17/7: 2

The D70hood did gave a dark shade at the corner of my shot when shooting at evening or night Do you ppl have the same problems?
The hook was also so loose,izzit true for yours?

Any idea about the venue :dunno: ?

Hosea said:
The D70hook did gave a dark shade at the corner of my shot when shooting at evening or night Do you ppl have the same problems?

what is a hook ???

Hosea said:
:embrass: typo mistake, I meant the hood.
Hi, were you using the internal flash as you shot? If so, likelyhood (pun not intended) is that the flash caused the shadow on the pic. Btw, it's the 18-70 lens hood, all the lenses that comes with hood have their own hood.. D70 doesn't use a hood :)

Hosea said:
The D70hood did gave a dark shade at the corner of my shot when shooting at evening or night Do you ppl have the same problems?
no, dun have coz i'm using sb800

take out the hood when using below 30mm lah...
btw, its' no that loose. u should have asked me on sat

quekky said:
no, dun have coz i'm using sb800

take out the hood when using below 30mm lah...
btw, its' no that loose. u should have asked me on sat
Hey thanks, next time I will show you and ask for your opinion. I didnt use my flash. I was surprise to see that there are dark edges when I took a shot with the kit lens at evening time( w/o flash)

espn said:
Hi, were you using the internal flash as you shot? If so, likelyhood (pun not intended) is that the flash caused the shadow on the pic. Btw, it's the 18-70 lens hood, all the lenses that comes with hood have their own hood.. D70 doesn't use a hood :)
Thanks, I didnt use the flash light at all , hand held with the kit lens.
Hmm , maybe I will show one photo to let you guys see what I meant

Garion said:
Yah lor, he where got use Coolpix wan? He use webcam (model name is called Bazhang100 :D ) + torchlight ok. Very powderful stuff. Dun pray pray ok. ;)

Yeah and the webcam got built in BR (Blurness Reduction), 10x much better than Canon IS or Nikon VR. :sweatsm:

a d70 outing? where is the venue? i saw someone using the d70 this afternoon near raffles city. is he a clubsnapper too? he was carrying a crumpler harversack. :)

Hosea said:
Thanks, I didnt use the flash light at all , hand held with the kit lens.
Hmm , maybe I will show one photo to let you guys see what I meant
that's odd. could u post a new thread in nikon forum with sample pic?

Hosea said:

Hi Hosea,

I think your hood is not on properly - it sounds like it is a little too far forward, it should not be loose. When you put it on, it should click firmly in place. Because you are not putting the hood on properly, it is blocking the corners of your image.

I've taken photos with the hood on at 18mm and don't see any dark corners.

Another thing with the kit lens is, if you shoot at 18mm and have the aperture wide open (ie f3.5) there is some light fall off around the corners.

gooseberry said:
Hi Hosea,

I think your hood is not on properly - it sounds like it is a little too far forward, it should not be loose. When you put it on, it should click firmly in place. Because you are not putting the hood on properly, it is blocking the corners of your image.

Another thing with the kit lens is, if you shoot at 18mm and have the aperture wide open (ie f3.5) there is some light fall off around the corners.

Well,another reason could be the stacking of filters. Some newbies will stack their polariser on top of the UV then when using the wide angle, there may be some slight vignetting (Dark Shade around the photos)

gooseberry said:
Hi Hosea,

Hi Gooseberry,
Take a look at this shot , see the 4 corners with dark shade.
I didnt use the hood on that evening and hand-held.Will check the setting later.
When I use the hood, it did click firm on the cam but it is easily drop just with a slide jerk.

Do tell me whether you guys experience the same thing , especially evening shot.

Quekky, I will check the setting and let you know when back home
testshot.jpg

Light fall off. The light from the wides doesn't reach the sensor in time. :)

espn said:
Light fall off. The light from the wides doesn't reach the sensor in time. :)
Any idea how to prevent and what kind of setting will cause such effect.. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.