Nikon d60

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman23xx

Deregistered
Aug 14, 2008
I'm currently in a dilemma of either getting canon 450d or nikon d60.

Is nikon d60 good? Can anyone give me some suggestions or how you felt about this camera?

The downside, is D60 has only 3 AF points, and the body's made in Thailand. I'm not sure about their lenses as well.

Any help for me?

gman

I'm currently in a dilemma of either getting canon 450d or nikon d60.

Is nikon d60 good? Can anyone give me some suggestions or how you felt about this camera?

The downside, is D60 has only 3 AF points, and the body's made in Thailand. I'm not sure about their lenses as well.

Any help for me?

gman

No problems for me.. A good camera for me to throw around. :)

You have the exact same dilemma as me last time when I was thinking of which entry DSLR to buy. I was also pondering between the 450D and the D60. In the end I went for the D60 because I know I like photography, but not so serious until I'm thinking of being a professional photographer, hence D60 is more than enough to me plus it's lighter on my pocket. But in truth, if you really want to be a professional photographer, even the 450D won't be enough to satisfy you.

Body made in Thailand, the 18-55mm VR kit lens also made in Thailand. The 55-200mm VR kit lens is made in China though.

if u are eyeing for a canon 450D then a nikon D80 should be within your budget.

D60 is restricted to lens with internal focus motor, and u lose out on some cheap but good fun lens from nikon. but D80 is a old camera liao which soon to be replace with D90 which no idea when appearing but base of rumor so far it one hell of a DSLR camera

the canon 450D is a pretty good camera and no doubt canon have very good lens.

either camera are good, try get a feel and try them from friends or shops to feel which camera suit u better and doesnt hurt your pocket too much.

so far this is just some facts that u be able to see if u do some research, accessories items are cheaper for nikon compare to canon but the canon family got one hell of a huge collection of lens.

so choose well depend on what u want in taking on a DSLR

Yes, one bad thing about the D60 is that if you want AF, only AF-S and AF-I lenses can be used.

Heard the D90 shall be the first ever DSLR to be able to record video. Hahaha.

the 3 AF points can be a pain when it comes to focusing in low light.
no tripod = poor composition
if the AF points bother you then go for the d80 then.

the kit lens is the best version of the nikon 18-55mm range.

never consider the 1000d ?

Last edited:
Although, im a nikon user. The 450D is definitely a better camera in terms of features n expandability for a beginner.

i suggest that you hit down the stores to try the cam. i got my d60 instead of 450d as it feels much better, the build is much better and no doubt it is also much lighter on the pocket. 3 AF points is not a big problem and it is fast and serves it purpose. I guess for the next 3 mths you will be playing with your kit lens or maybe your 50mm f1.*(budget and manual focus is fun) and next the cheap 55-200 vr to cover the zoom range. I found pictures from nikon not as saturated as canon as i have friend that has a 400d which is what i like. As this will be your first dslr and i know you will not stop here. Most important thing is follow you heart go and try it, and one advise either choice of camera you choose, buy it quick and you will find out that your roi starts from actually starts from the first picture that you take. ( Imagine all the wonderfull shots that you have missed). Its not about how good your equipment is, is how good is the photographer's skill is. Hope this will help you.

This is my personal opinion, please don flame me.

i hav one d60. overall, i find the output very good, handling wise also gd. it did performed better than i expected. i use it for travelling, i like it small and light compared to other dSLRs. only restriction is that u can only use those lens with built in motor if u wanna AF. ohter than tat, i find it a great camera!

3 point AF wasn't a problem with me as i only use 1 point 99% of the time.

450D does offer more choices of AFable lenses, expansion (grips, etc). depends on u, whether u think they are impt or not.

both 450D and D60 are good. just goto the stores and test them out.

for me, i chose the D60 over 450D simply becos of its ergonomics. the 450D didnt felt tt comfortable in my hands, as compared to that of D60. i suppose if it doesn't even feels good holding the camera in ur hand, would u even take it out for a shoot? so i'd suggest tt u go down to any of the reputable shops to get a feel of both models b4 u make a decision for yourself. ;)

D60 is worth your money. As you progress further into photography, 3 AF points will not be the most important factor.

Nikon has lots of lenses to use, i mean old and new. Just that some cant autofocus with D60. You need to manual focus and here is where the electronic rangefinder helps :thumbsup:

D60 is worth your money. As you progress further into photography, 3 AF points will not be the most important factor.

Nikon has lots of lenses to use, i mean old and new. Just that some cant autofocus with D60. You need to manual focus and here is where the electronic rangefinder helps :thumbsup:

Yeah, the electronic rangefinder is very effective indeed. Sometimes I manual focus myself using the rangefinder is even better than the len's own auto focusing. :bsmilie:

The 3 pt AF sufficies for alot of uses.
Made in Thailand or not should not matter too much, least for me.

What I like about the camera is its a very neat SLR packed into a really lightweight body.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.