Nikon D60 or Canon 450

Status
Not open for further replies.

socrates

Jan 31, 2005
Looking for a entry level DSLR either Nikon D60 or Canon 450. The Nikon D60 package with 2 lens in the newspaper I saw today seems quite attractive. Any comments recommendations? Thanks !

Looking for a entry level DSLR either Nikon D60 or Canon 450. The Nikon D60 package with 2 lens in the newspaper I saw today seems quite attractive. Any comments recommendations? Thanks !

If your budget allows, the D80 may be a better choice. Otherwise, the D60 is pretty good.

compared to D60? i'll choose 450D of course
compared to D80? i'll Still choos 450D
unless it's D300, then i give up :p
but then u can get 40D for less :p

Which is a better performer at low light conditions or high ISO with the kit lens? Are both equally fast in focus?

thanks guys

compared to D60? i'll choose 450D of course
compared to D80? i'll Still choos 450D
unless it's D300, then i give up :p
but then u can get 40D for less :p

dude.... you CHOSE 450D already... ;)
I chose D80!! ;)
I guess you like the LiveView.... ;)

Which is a better performer at low light conditions or high ISO with the kit lens? Are both equally fast in focus?

thanks guys

for consumer model DLSR canon has better high ISO noise performance
for higher end i don't know :p

anyway why don't you browse some review on dpreview.com

I have read reviews about the 2 cameras. From dpreview it seems that the D60 has a slight edge over the Canon 450. Just would like to hear the experience and views of experienced users. thanks:)

okay, here's my view, i said my view doesn't mean everyones agree, once again, this is my personal opinion when i bought my camera,

-Nikon D60 : not even in my list cause it doesn't have built in motor, so lens compability with older nikon lenses is onlny in manual focus, and also the LCD is not as big as the canon, usefull for previewing the focus after you take the picture, and lastly it has no live view.

-Nikon D80 : actually i really like this model a lot , but because it's quite old already and gonna be replaced my newer model soon , so i don't choose this model as well.

-Canon 40D : great package pand price but a little too big for my comfort.

-Canon 450D: it has almost everything important to me hat 40D has, and has new live view function which is easier to use than the 40D

anyway have you read the dpreview of 450D ? it has best picture quality in the class, well i bought my 450D long before dppreview review it , but i feel satisfied by it :p

dun flame me hor :p
this is my personal opinion ok :p

No flames 10-Dee-Q. Thanks for your helpful insight and opinion.

why not consider the cheaper 400d?
it should have the best noise performance among the current 10 meg entry lvl cams.
take the 400d over d80.
d60 best is dont get in case you want to MF with the cheap 50mm f1.8 prime but have the rangefinder function to MF faster.

40d will have even better noise control than the rest but more ex of course.

450d...liveview is gd to have but waste batt juice.

As mentioned in all previous threads, go to the shop and try out all models that you have in mind. You may end up prefer feel and functions of a particular mode instead of narrowing your criteria to the tech part of the camera.:)

I have read reviews about the 2 cameras. From dpreview it seems that the D60 has a slight edge over the Canon 450. Just would like to hear the experience and views of experienced users. thanks:)

Tough luck.. not many people own both system and those who do own both systems probably do not have both the 450D and D60. ;p

Go to shop and try for yourself.. and you will find that D60 feels better.. and have a nicer viewfinder. Also, I will choose the kit lens 18-55mm VR that comes with the D60 anytime over the canon kit lens.

In the end, it will be you that makes the decision and use the camera.. therefore go with what you feel right and will use.. not heresay this good and that good of any product and end up with something you do not want to use.

Ya.. listen to them...

Go out there and get the feel of both camera.

Dont think abt the package 1st now....
If the goodies good but the camera feel bad... Do u still want it?
Ask yourself this question.....

Later on once you got the DSLR.. U'll want to get more good lens too...

Go to shop and try for yourself.. and you will find that D60 feels better.. and have a nicer viewfinder. Also, I will choose the kit lens 18-55mm VR that comes with the D60 anytime over the canon kit lens.

In the end, it will be you that makes the decision and use the camera.. therefore go with what you feel right and will use.. not heresay this good and that good of any product and end up with something you do not want to use.

i recently got a 18-55mm vr kit as well.
totally got own by the lens...quite an impressive kit lens.

canon kit lens also got IS versions like 18-55mm, go try it at A mode f3.5 and see if the IS really helps by making the shutter speed faster, enabling you to take a non-blur/sharp shot.

Yeps. The Kit lens and tiny size is what tip me to the D60. In the end you should take the camera you feel happiest with. Other people's preferences and needs are likely different to your own. In the end, what is really important, is that you have fun shooting, regardless of the camera you pick.

I agree with them about trying out the feel of the camera. Intially, I was also deciding on Canon 450d or Nikon D60 but I had decided that I will buy Nikon D60 as the feel of the camera feels right for me. That solve my problem on deciding between the 2 cameras. Now, my problem is choosing between Nikon D40 or D60. Some reviews said D40 is better as less noise due to lower pixels and faster flash sync while some said D60 had higher pixels for cropping and newer technology so D60 is better. Now, I still trying to decide on these 2 cameras. Sorry for side track the threads.

I agree with them about trying out the feel of the camera. Intially, I was also deciding on Canon 450d or Nikon D60 but I had decided that I will buy Nikon D60 as the feel of the camera feels right for me. That solve my problem on deciding between the 2 cameras. Now, my problem is choosing between Nikon D40 or D60. Some reviews said D40 is better as less noise due to lower pixels and faster flash sync while some said D60 had higher pixels for cropping and newer technology so D60 is better. Now, I still trying to decide on these 2 cameras. Sorry for side track the threads.

there's still D40x between them :p

why not consider the cheaper 400d?
it should have the best noise performance among the current 10 meg entry lvl cams.
take the 400d over d80.
d60 best is dont get in case you want to MF with the cheap 50mm f1.8 prime but have the rangefinder function to MF faster.

40d will have even better noise control than the rest but more ex of course.

450d...liveview is gd to have but waste batt juice.

Yep this is something to consider too. The 400D is actually just as capable, just without the bigger screen, live view and some other bells and whistles that are sometimes just not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.