Nikon D5K Fps

TooTyPooPy

Dec 13, 2009
Hi everyone.. would be nice if you guys can ans some of my question about my D5k Fps..
as i knw there's firmware build in all DSLR.. and i saw this guy who had a nikon D200 with 10 fps.. he's firmware been hack? o_O
And why do i see other D5k users who can have continues shot without buffering?

Continuous Mode + very fast memory card.

for the D200, its more on how fast the buffer works.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.. would be nice if you guys can ans some of my question about my D5k Fps..
as i knw there's firmware build in all DSLR.. and i saw this guy who had a nikon D200 with 10 fps.. he's firmware been hack? o_O
Reduce the image size, like normal jpeg setting. Try & see if it works ;)

a nikon d50 shoots 2.5fps.
a nikon d80 shoots 3fps(if i iremembered it rightly)
a nikon d90 shoots 4.5fps
a nikon d200 shoots 5fps excluding battery grip
a nikon d300 shoots 6fps excluding battery grip

you also have to take into consideration the buffer size and what type of memory card is used.
CF cards are faster and Semipro and Pro bodies have higher buffer. some camera even writes directly to the memory card

my d90 with 4gb Sandisk 15mb/s (Ultra) shoots a max of 7frames before the buffer runs out while my d300 shoots 12 frames before the buffer runs out and shoot 1 frame after that. how fast the buffer writes to the memory card also has to take into consideration.

hmm i check it out at some shops and i ask if i have a faster memory card would give me better fps..
but they say it only store videos faster then taking photos..
i guess the buffering is slow?

hmm i check it out at some shops and i ask if i have a faster memory card would give me better fps..
but they say it only store videos faster then taking photos..
i guess the buffering is slow?

It will NOT give you faster FPS, but allow the camera to flush the buffer faster so that you can continue to shoot at the camera's max FPS.

If you really need more fps, then you need to invest in a proper body rather than a budget model.

what i wan is for it to continously shoot with out slowing down.. i dun mind if it read slowly on the card.. just wondering and way for it to just not stop or slow down..
i play SLR more then my Dslr =)

what i wan is for it to continously shoot with out slowing down.. i dun mind if it read slowly on the card.. just wondering and way for it to just not stop or slow down..
i play SLR more then my Dslr =)

Why do you want to shoot so many shots in a single burst?

hmm.. no reasons.. does your d5000 slows down after 4 fps?

hmm.. no reasons.. does your d5000 slows down after 4 fps?

No it doesn't, it can take about 13~14 shots before slowing down. This also depends on how big the file ends up, so ISO and other factors also affect it. If you just put the lens cap on and set a shutter speed of like 1/2000 it can practically shoot forever, don't want to waste my shutter count so I stopped testing that at 34 shots...

And I don't know where they get 4 frames per second, it just doesn't feel like 4 fps.

by the way, fps = frame rate. frame rate doesn't slow down after frame rate, it slows down after a certain number of frames, when the buffer cannot handle it.

haha thx for the info..
Why ppl talks about Shutter Count too ?? will my life span of my dslr die fast if i keep shooting ? o_O

haha thx for the info..
Why ppl talks about Shutter Count too ?? will my life span of my dslr die fast if i keep shooting ? o_O

I suggest a google search on "what is shutter life".