nikon d5300 continuous shot in timer mode

Zac999

Apr 14, 2011
Hi all, i recently bought my first dslr d5300... Im just wondering how to take continuous shots with timer. Tried the setting but like for example 2s timer/3shots, the timer will reset back to 2s after each shot.

Any setting i can do to make it like "2s timer,shot,shot,shot" instead of "2s timer,shot,2s timer,shot,2timer,shot"?

need to change the single shot to continuous shot?

need to change the single shot to continuous shot?

Yeah. Did change the setting to continuous shot but once i set the timer.. The setting overwrites that continuous shot.

Hi all, i recently bought my first dslr d5300... Im just wondering how to take continuous shots with timer. Tried the setting but like for example 2s timer/3shots, the timer will reset back to 2s after each shot. Any setting i can do to make it like "2s timer,shot,shot,shot" instead of "2s timer,shot,2s timer,shot,2timer,shot"?

Pardon me for my lack of comprehension, but are you trying to fire off a bracket of 3 shots without remote shutter release hence you want to try using 2s release then allow the camera to fire a series of 3 bracketed shots?

I know D5100 and it has interval shooting mode built in, so D5300 should have it too, you can set 3 frames at 2 sec interval, go check out your user manual for details.

Clear statement there:
Autobracketing, high dynamic range (HDR), and multiple-exposure are disabled.
Which means, TS' idea of using the interval settings won't work.
Here the Dummy Manual for Autobracketing: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-use-exposure-bracketing-on-your-nikon-d5300.html
If TS wants a 2s delay then this needs to be added as timer: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-use-selftimer-shooting-on-your-nikon-d5300.html

Pardon me for my lack of comprehension, but are you trying to fire off a bracket of 3 shots without remote shutter release hence you want to try using 2s release then allow the camera to fire a series of 3 bracketed shots?

Yeah. Sorry im really new to photograghy.. Eh like for example me and my friends are at a pool side wantin to take a series of shots when we are jumping into the water. Interval shooting cant be it ya? I want it like 3fps in burst mode. Hmm

Clear statement there:

It depends, doesn't it? TS did not specify upfront what he/she was trying to achieve, we don't know whether it was just needed for a simple sequence or "Autobracketing, high dynamic range (HDR), or multiple-exposure". So the interval timer setting seems like a suitable option, based on the limited info provided.

Yeah. Sorry im really new to photograghy.. Eh like for example me and my friends are at a pool side wantin to take a series of shots when we are jumping into the water. Interval shooting cant be it ya? I want it like 3fps in burst mode. Hmm
This would be a burst shot, not a bracketed shot.

It depends, doesn't it? TS did not specify upfront what he/she was trying to achieve, we don't know whether it was just needed for a simple sequence or "Autobracketing, high dynamic range (HDR), or multiple-exposure". So the interval timer setting seems like a suitable option, based on the limited info provided.
Right you are :) I had the word 'bracket' already in mind, although TS didn't state it.

Higher end models have this feature where u can set up to 9 shots when timer is activated and set the interval between each shot or burst. The ability to set the interval between each shot is not available in the D5xxx series of cameras though.

Last edited:
Clear statement there:

Here the Dummy Manual for Autobracketing: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-use-exposure-bracketing-on-your-nikon-d5300.html
If TS wants a 2s delay then this needs to be added as timer: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-use-selftimer-shooting-on-your-nikon-d5300.html

I have read the selftimer settings but still not able to shoot 3fps after the timer ticks off. It just resets after every shot taken.

Thanks all! I tot i was missing out something or doing it wrong that the cam cant do that 3fps with timer. Problem solved i guess... Thanks again ppl! Cheers