nikon D5200 announce soon?

KLzai

Sep 23, 2012
Singapore/JB
http://nikonrumors.com/2012/10/29/nikon-d5200-dslr-camera-to-be-announced-next.aspx/#more-47156

The next DX camera is D5200, not D7100 or D400. =.=

The new Nikon D5200 will have slightly different specs than the D3200:

It will use the same 24MP DX-format CMOS sensor
EXPEED 3 processor (same as in the D3200)
ISO range: 100-6,400 (expandable up to 25,600, D3200 could go only up to 12,800)
2,016 pixel RGB metering sensor (same as the D600, the D3200 had a 420 pixel RGB sensor)
Continuous shooting speed: 5fps (the D3200 could do only 4 fps)
Vari-angle LCD screen (3", 921k dots)

Last edited:
KLzai said:
http://nikonrumors.com/2012/10/29/nikon-d5200-dslr-camera-to-be-announced-next.aspx/#more-47156

The next DX camera is D5200, not D7100 or D400. =.=

The new Nikon D5200 will have slightly different specs than the D3200:

It will use the same 24MP DX-format CMOS sensor
EXPEED 3 processor (same as in the D3200)
ISO range: 100-6,400 (expandable up to 25,600, D3200 could go only up to 12,800)
2,016 pixel RGB metering sensor (same as the D600, the D3200 had a 420 pixel RGB sensor)
Continuous shooting speed: 5fps (the D3200 could do only 4 fps)
Vari-angle LCD screen (3", 921k dots)

D5200 should be great cam in the middle DX line.

Once the D5200 has been success and the D400 would be appear in the world again :)

In the D7000 don't hope so much, cause the D600 quite similar to D7k.

Let's see how much better the D5200 will be over the D3200.

Let's see how much better the D5200 will be over the D3200.

I am comparing with D7000, coz D5100 and D7000 shares common sensor. So should beat the existing one..

D5200 will using same sensor with D3200?

The D400 must be the most freaking anticipated product in the Nikon lineup now. I doubt if Nikon can say "no" to the market.

Wanted to buy d5100 or used d90 but d5200 coming out soon. Should I wait? My budget 1.2k.

Slash123 said:
Wanted to buy d5100 or used d90 but d5200 coming out soon. Should I wait? My budget 1.2k.

Wait lor... This series should enter the market quickly from launch.

it's official

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

NIKON LAUNCHES NEW ALL-PURPOSE VERSATILE D5200 DSLR CAMERA AND WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROLLERS WR-R10 AND WR-T10

The Nikon D5200 offers class-leading features and performance to inspire all levels of photographers and consumers, and to empower them to create brilliant photos and movies

TOKYO, 6 NOVEMBER 2012 - Nikon Corporation today announced the D5200 DSLR camera, a compact and lightweight entry-level model geared towards photography students and enthusiasts, and users looking to upgrade to a DSLR camera. It comes equipped with a 24.1-megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor and class-leading features such as a precise 39-point auto-focusing system, an optimised EXPEED 3 image-processing engine based on Nikon’s D4 flagship camera, an articulated Vari-angle LCD monitor and a redesigned graphical user-interface that brings user-friendliness and intuitive operation to a whole new level. It will be available in three different colours - black, red and bronze.

Nikon Corporation also announced today the WR-R10 wireless transceiver and the WR-T10 wireless transmitter for effortless and stress-free remote camera control. Unlike other conventional infrared controllers that require line-of-sight operation with cameras, the WR-R10 and WR-T10 are not impeded by obstacles as they utilise the 2.4GHz radio frequency bandwidth for wirelessly controlling cameras up to a distance of 20 meters.

Highlights - D5200

The new Nikon D5200 allows photographers of all levels to confidently execute new and creative ways to tell stories with amazing colour and clarity. It offers features that are one of the best in its class compared to the competition. Its 39-point AF system has the most amount of focus points available in its class to offer fast and reliable focus acquisition and tracking. Weighing at just approximately 505g (body only) and with a battery life rated for 500 shots (CIPA), it is also one of the lightest cameras offering one of the longest battery life in its category.

To assist in creating amazing imagery, the D5200’s Scene Recognition System reads data from the 2016-pixel 3D RGB sensor - the same sensor found in higher-end Nikon DSLR cameras - and analyses shooting conditions and subject information to optimise focus, exposure, i-TTL flash exposure and white balance. The D5200 also boasts 3D focus tracking, an invaluable feature for sports, action and wildlife photography, that automatically shifts and predicts the focus point to follow and anticipate the movement of the subject. The camera also sports a broad range of standard sensitivities, from ISO 100 to ISO 6400, and even up to ISO25,600 (Hi 2).

Bringing new levels of user-friendliness to aspiring photographers, the D5200’s new graphical user interface displays three circles that enables the reading and understanding of the three core elements of image exposure - shutter speed, aperture and ISO - extremely easy and intuitive at a single glance. The D5200 also comes equipped with a large and articulated 3-inch Vari-angle LCD monitor that makes it easy to compose great images in a variety of challenging situations such as shooting high over crowds or down low to a toddler’s point of view or even self-portraits.

The Nikon D5200 captures 1080p full HD movies with full-time autofocus and manual exposure control. Users can also manually set shutter speed and ISO sensitivity according to their own preferences. Optional recording frame rates range from 60i or 50i (1080), or 24p, 25p or 30p (1080) per second. The camera is equipped with a stereo microphone for excellent audio quality when recording movies. Stereo sound can also be captured via the optional Stereo Microphone ME-1. The D5200 also offers uncompressed HDMI output for aspiring video producers.

To further unleash creativity, seven special effects, (Selective Colour, Colour Sketch, Miniature Effect, Night Vision, Silhouette, High Key, Low Key), can be applied to still images and movies. With the option of previewing the special effect on the monitor before capturing or recording the image or movie, users can adjust or confirm results of the effect in real time.

Highlights - WR-R10 and WR-T10

Shooting remotely is now simple and convenient by connecting the WR-R10 (transceiver) to the D5200 and using the WR-T10 (transmitter) as the controller. Using the wireless radio frequency 2.4GHz bandwidth is much more efficient than a infrared remote control, as obstacles such as trees and walls no longer impede communication between the transceiver and transmitter. In addition, the camera can now be operated from greater distances and broader angles. The shutter release button on the WR-T10 can be pressed halfway, enabling autofocusing and subject acquisition to be a cinch.

The WR-T10 can be used to wirelessly remotely control a single camera that has the WR-R10 unit attached to it. However, it can also control multiple cameras as long as those camera are all connected to individual WR-R10 units. The ability to control one camera or multiple cameras with different lenses at varying angles using a single controller gives photographers greater creative license to capture a scene or subject like never before.

Primary Features of Nikon D5200

1. Nikon’s 24.1-megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor
The D5200’s DX-format CMOS sensor helps capture clear and sharp images with very little noise, even at higher sensitivities. This is achieved through an effective pixel count of approximately 24.1-million pixels, which supports a broad range of standard ISO sensitivities, from ISO 100 to ISO 6400. The camera offers even higher ISO capabilities with a setting of (Hi 2) that is equivalent to approximately ISO 25600. When used in conjunction with NIKKOR lenses, which feature Nikon's advanced optical technologies, the finest details will be sharply rendered.

2. Optimised EXPEED 3 Image-Processing Engine
Equipped with an enhanced, high-performance EXPEED 3 image-processing engine, based on the one built into Nikon’s high-end FX-format D4, D800, D800E, and D600, the D5200 offer precise rendering, reproduces colours vividly and features a broad dynamic range. It also features advanced noise-reduction processing that effectively suppresses noise to preserve textures and details when shooting still images at high sensitivities. The same technology ensures that movies feature crisp and clear outlines, even when shooting in low-light situations.

3. Best-in-class AF system
Utilising the Multi-CAM4800DX autofocus sensor module, the D5200 will always acquire and track the intended subject with 39 focus points. Along with cross-type sensors for the nine centre focus points, which are used the most often, users can count on reliable focusing and excellent tracking performance. In addition, the number of active focus points can be limited to 11.

4. A 2,016-pixel RGB Sensor With Built-In Scene Recognition System
The Scene Recognition System automatically detects shooting conditions and analyses a scene’s brightness and colour information, which is used by the autofocus, auto-exposure, i-TTL balanced fill-flash, and auto white-balance functions. The D5200 also boasts 3D focus tracking, an invaluable feature for sports, action and wildlife photography, that automatically shifts and predicts the focus point to follow and anticipate the movement of the subject. Smaller subjects can be identified more easily and up to 35 faces can be recognised when recording movies in live-view mode with the Face-priority AF mode, or when faces are enlarged during playback of still images.

5. High-Speed Continuous Shooting – Up To Approximately 5 fps
With the ability to continuously shoot at up to approximately 5 fps, users will never miss the perfect shot, whether framing images in the optical viewfinder or via the camera’s monitor. With the densely packed 39 focus points effectively covering the majority of the frame, the D5200 will always acquire and track the intended subject, even rapidly moving ones. Users also have the option of selecting the optimal frame rate for capturing natural human expressions during high-speed continuous shooting, which is approximately 3 fps.

6. Vari-angle LCD Monitor – Stress-Free Shooting From Any Angle
The large, 3-inch, approximately 921k-dot LCD monitor features a wide viewing angle and accurate previews. It opens to the left from 0–180°, and when opened, can be rotated 180° forwards and 90° backwards. The side-hinge prevents the monitor from hitting a tripod and allows it to open and rotate without obstruction, for flexible and stress-free shooting, making self portraits possible as well.

7. Nikon’s D-Movie 1920 x 1080 60i/50i – Smooth, Cinematic Videos
The ability to record pristine 1920 × 1080 60i/50i movies is now just a button press away. Nikon’s new DX-format CMOS sensor, with an effective pixel count of approximately 24.1-million pixels, and enhanced, high-speed EXPEED 3 image-processing engine ensure sharp and clear movies with little noise, jagged edges or moiré patterns.

When filming moving objects or subjects, the user simply enables Contrast-detect AF to activate autofocusing. When the focus mode is set to Full-time servo AF (AF-F) and the AF-area mode to Subject-tracking AF, the camera automatically focuses on a subject moving through the frame.

Users can also manually set shutter speed and ISO sensitivity according to their own preferences. Optional recording frame rates range from 60i or 50i (1080), or 24p, 25p or 30p (1080) per second. The camera is equipped with a stereo microphone for excellent audio quality when recording movies. Stereo sound can also be captured via the optional Stereo Microphone ME-1.

8. Special Effects Mode – Creative Imaging Expression
Seven special effects can be applied to still images and movies. With the option of previewing the special effect on the monitor before capturing or recording the image or movie, users can adjust or confirm results of the effect in real time. Movie lovers can now easily insert and enjoy dramatic effects like those created through special effects in the movies with a few simple clicks. Expressing creativity and style have never been so easy.

9. Smart Device Compatibility and Wireless Image Transfer Support
By connecting the Wireless Mobile Adapter WU-1a (sold separately) to the D5200, the live view function can be displayed on a smartphone or tablet’s screen. The user can capture an image remotely (remote movie recording not supported), and images captured with the D5200 can be transferred to the smart device over a wireless connection.

The Wireless Mobile Adapter WU-1a expands the ways in which users can enjoy the photos and movies they have recorded with the D5200 and a NIKKOR lens. Users can immediately transfer images to family and friends, or upload them to blogs or social networking sites, anywhere and anytime.

10. New Graphical User Interface For Intuitive Use
Bringing new levels of user-friendliness to aspiring photographers, the D5200’s new graphical user interface displays three circles that enables the reading and understanding of the three core elements of image exposure - shutter speed, aperture and ISO - extremely easy and intuitive at a single glance. Other core information and settings are also displayed on the camera’s Vari-angle LCD screen.

Pricing and Availability
The pricing and availability of the Nikon D5200, WR-R10 and WR-T10 will be confirmed at a later date.

Does D5200 has built in motor? If D5200 don't have built in motor, I rather buy D90.

kao in red and bronze! i love bronze!

Nikon-D5200-red.png

Nikon-D5200-bronze.png

1. Nikon’s 24.1-megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor
The D5200’s DX-format CMOS sensor helps capture clear and sharp images with very little noise, even at higher sensitivities. This is achieved through an effective pixel count of approximately 24.1-million pixels, which supports a broad range of standard ISO sensitivities, from ISO 100 to ISO 6400. The camera offers even higher ISO capabilities with a setting of (Hi 2) that is equivalent to approximately ISO 25600. When used in conjunction with NIKKOR lenses, which feature Nikon's advanced optical technologies, the finest details will be sharply rendered.

Am I seeing things?

I was looking at the preview video, I didnt see the screw drive on the F mount. Don't think there is a built in motor. Furthermore, Nikon wants people to buy more AF-S lense which gives them more profit.

dainslaif said:
I was looking at the preview video, I didnt see the screw drive on the F mount. Don't think there is a built in motor. Furthermore, Nikon wants people to buy more AF-S lense which gives them more profit.

That AF screw drive motor is not that cheap, once to be add in built-in should be have design more wider space to allow the screw drive with motor.

One more thing Is that AF-D lenses optical cannot be great like G lenses on Full HD output.

I only use center focus point, 39point no very important for me,
Let wait the review for the 24MP sensor.

That AF screw drive motor is not that cheap, once to be add in built-in should be have design more wider space to allow the screw drive with motor.

One more thing Is that AF-D lenses optical cannot be great like G lenses on Full HD output.

Huh? Run that by me again, your last sentence. What's the difference between D and G by the way?