Nikon D5000 v D90. Which one to go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do consider the extra stuff tht are available on the D90.

Commander mode/CLS
Battery grip
menu/button layouts
AF screw.

can FX lens be used on D5000. Autofocus can use?

Yes FX lenses can be used on the D5000, as for AF, its stated only lenses with built in motor are able to AF on the D5000.

My vote is for the Nikon D90.

D90:thumbsup:
D90 has an extra LCD on top which is very convenient and battery saver rather than viewing on the main LCD screen.
Gripping is gd... i think D5000 might be a bit cramp in holding

hear to your pocket. economy is bad, be prudent. Spend the extra bucks on a good lens and you will benefit more.

i think d5000 will be attractive to prosumer/p&s upgraders who want video and tiltable live view screen in one package, like they used to have in their prosumers/p&s cams.

but a lot would depend on the final price i guess. as a d60 user, i don't think i would upgrade to the d5000 - an upgrade would be straight to d90.

i think d5000 will be attractive to prosumer/p&s upgraders who want video and tiltable live view screen in one package, like they used to have in their prosumers/p&s cams.

but a lot would depend on the final price i guess. as a d60 user, i don't think i would upgrade to the d5000 - an upgrade would be straight to d90.

Me too. D5000 is a great camera to have to, just that a few important functions are not there. The tiltable lcd is good to have though.

Me too. D5000 is a great camera to have to, just that a few important functions are not there. The tiltable lcd is good to have though.

... until it interferes with your tripod.

Depends on your budget. If D90 fits your bill go for it, else D5000.

Both does the same thing, and that is to take pictures.

go D5000...... no more looking moronic when taking low angle shots !..... you can squad instead of lying on the ground....... and so less laundry to do laaa.....;p

If you shoot with tilting LCD, that mean you shoot with Live preview, that means battery sip faster :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.