Nikon D5000 LCD Monitor Fault

supergal

Nov 3, 2011
Hi, my nikon D5000 LCD Monitor all four side became black and it seems to get more and bigger and cover the numbers on the screen when i took out this few days.
What happen with it?? will my lcd monitor become all black?? can i still use or repair? is it expensive?
Please help. Thanks in advance

Hi, my nikon D5000 LCD Monitor all four side became black and it seems to get more and bigger and cover the numbers on the screen when i took out this few days.
What happen with it?? will my lcd monitor become all black?? can i still use or repair? is it expensive?
Please help. Thanks in advance

It would be easier if you bring your cam down to Nikon Svc Centre to have it checked.

It would be easier if you bring your cam down to Nikon Svc Centre to have it checked.

cos it has no warranty anymore so didnt think of going to svc centre ... thinking of going to outside repair shop to have a check...but wonder will it cost lot?

cos it has no warranty anymore so didnt think of going to svc centre ... thinking of going to outside repair shop to have a check...but wonder will it cost lot?
just go Nikon Service Center to find out what's wrong with it and get a quotation for repairing it, than you decide what to do about it.

Don't worry too much. It could be just a loose connection on the cable that supplies power to the LCD backlight.
And it if it's a faulty LCD, an LCD replacement cost only ~U$12 from ebay. Replacing an LCD is not a complicated fix, shouldn't cost much.

Last edited:
Don't worry too much. It could be just a loose connection on the cable that supplies power to the LCD backlight.
And it if it's a faulty LCD, an LCD replacement cost only ~U$12 from ebay. Replacing an LCD is not a complicated fix, shouldn't cost much.

really....thanks for your info...but do you know where can i go for check beside nikon svc centre? LCD cost US$12...that's great .. but i don't know how to fix it ..

Suggest that you go down to Nikon service center to an inspection.

It is Nikon service center policy to give you a quotation on the repair and your approval before they proceed and should you have your D5000 repaired they, normally they include the servicing but please check with them.

It is worth the trip.

really....thanks for your info...but do you know where can i go for check beside nikon svc centre? LCD cost US$12...that's great .. but i don't know how to fix it ..

Your Uncle fatigue already says could be a loose connection on the cable, so just bring your camera down to Nikon Service Center to confirm, and ask for a quotation, as what I said before, you can have some free coffee while waiting for your turn.

Your Uncle fatigue already says could be a loose connection on the cable, so just bring your camera down to Nikon Service Center to confirm, and ask for a quotation, as what I said before, you can have some free coffee while waiting for your turn.

free coffee?? wow .. thats great ... ok i will bring down to them for a check ... thanks for all your great help guys ..

free coffee?? wow .. thats great ... ok i will bring down to them for a check ... thanks for all your great help guys ..
don't forget to check out the new cameras, have a feel of them, and pick up some camera / lens brochures from the showroom, it is in the same office btw.