Nikon d5000 kit price at $960 with gst?

VainKid

Aug 1, 2009
Bedok
I go to all shop in lucky n funan for quotation n lucky plaza there is this big shop beside mac which is near the entrance with has lots of big lens display outside the shop. They quoted 960 after gst which is quite attractive when slr revo quoted 1028?

Seems like too good to be true but what should I look out for?

I go to all shop in lucky n funan for quotation n lucky plaza there is this big shop beside mac which is near the entrance with has lots of big lens display outside the shop. They quoted 960 after gst which is quite attractive when slr revo quoted 1028?

Seems like too good to be true but what should I look out for?

Warranty and maybe some accessories left out.Then the shop will say battery+charger add $50,USB cable add $10 and then finally sell u a $20+ filter for $70:bsmilie:

agreed with cleonbus

after all the topup, u probably end up with much expensive sets :bsmilie:

Hi, Also, go with a friend who can help you to check the product, etc two heads are better than one. There are occasions when after bringing the set back, you found that you have not checked the product carefully and regretted that there is a small crack, etc. and spend some time there before letting go your money.

Warranty and maybe some accessories left out.Then the shop will say battery+charger add $50,USB cable add $10 and then finally sell u a $20+ filter for $70:bsmilie:

Left out the last one accessory.Plastic bag add $5:bsmilie:

Hi guys thanks for the input.

The plastic bag thingy deserve a big LOL

They quote full kit with bag memory card 8gb batt every thing included for 900 before gst, after gst he quote 960 cash payment only

They quote full kit with bag memory card 8gb batt every thing included for 900 before gst, after gst he quote 960 cash payment only

You can risk it and buy there. But be sure to check everything. Ask everything up front. Check everything ok, then pack everything back in then pay. Never let your sight stray away from that one box you packed. Put your hand on it or something. Hand the money over, and grab the box. And wait for the receipt. They want to pack the box for you in plastic bag, you say no need, just pass you the plastic bag. If they refuse, say you do not need a bag.

And everything they recommend you buy, you say don't need. "I already have". If they ask you to buy filter and some stupid "converter" lens before bringing the box, just say you think about it. Then when the box come, and time to pay, say you only have 960. Needless to say, prepare exact change. And hide all your other cash in some secret pocket. Pay first take the box, say come back later for the other stuff. Then you pop over to OP in SLS and get your filters and LCD protectors, bags etc from there.

Doesn't hurt to try. But be prepared for some confrontation if you do all this. Don't go alone. Go with 2 more guys or something. Anything not right, just walk. And do not, I say again, DO NOT, hand over any money before you have the camera infront of you, all checked and packed up. Once you hand over the money, grab the box immediately.

Last edited:
Thanks man daredevil bro, will u go with me ? bring 1 group of 5 club snapper there and if they play punk, exposed them hehe

Thanks man daredevil bro, will u go with me ? bring 1 group of 5 club snapper there and if they play punk, exposed them hehe

If you are going in the afternoon i can go with you:)

Sorry bro. I am an old man. No time and energy to do all these kind of things. Plus I am going to china in a couple of days time. Going to BBB over there! yea!

For less than 100 bucks, you want to take the risk..

I can tell you those shops are expert choppers, unless you are 100% & I mean 100% know what you buying, plus all the contents in the box and the warranty you should get..

Be prepared to have a mind wreck or numerous trip back to the shop for some 'heated debate' :bsmilie:

Sorry bro. I am an old man. No time and energy to do all these kind of things. Plus I am going to china in a couple of days time. Going to BBB over there! yea!

Wah.. nice bro.. buy some more lens to compliment ur new toy yah :devil::devil:

To TS :

Think is too good to be true. i wont take ther risk

Wah.. nice bro.. buy some more lens to compliment ur new toy yah :devil::devil:

To TS :

Think is too good to be true. i wont take ther risk

Bro I thinking of getting a 35mm lens, so I can shoot street scene in Shanghai.

Bro I think I found one store have lens you are looking for leh. 105 DC F2. 135 DC F2 out of stock.

Last edited:
Bro I thinking of getting a 35mm lens, so I can shoot street scene in Shanghai.

Bro I think I found one store have lens you are looking for leh. 105 DC F2. 135 DC F2 out of stock.

Wha tks bro.. 105 DC f2 bor kian leh... i wan the 135 :devil:
Btw which store arh?

Wha tks bro.. 105 DC f2 bor kian leh... i wan the 135 :devil:
Btw which store arh?

Too bad bro. 135 everywhere also no stock. That website is a price sweeper for china stores. Got quite a few sites like that. Have fun with the site bro.

Too bad bro. 135 everywhere also no stock. That website is a price sweeper for china stores. Got quite a few sites like that. Have fun with the site bro.

Thanks brother :kiss::kiss::kiss: