Nikon D50

Status
Not open for further replies.

snaplover

Jul 31, 2006
Hi all,

Im thinking of getting a D50.
Anyone has any idea where can i get cheaper price?
Also, roughly how much is considered best buy?

Regards,
snaplover

snaplover said:
Hi all,

Regards,
snaplover

MSColor selling it for 1.1K :)

Thanks yyD70S for the link!

newbiegrapher, i checked with MS.. they quote me $1188 (kit, filter and bag) leh ??

snaplover said:

newbiegrapher, i checked with MS.. they quote me $1188 (kit, filter and bag) leh ??

This prices is ok....You might want to check with the other shops list in the price list...

Usually if you make a trip down and show them u going to buy...might get a better price...

snaplover said:

oops. not 1.1K..i make a mistake..
they quoted me $1180 inc gst ..:)

You might want to consider D80 as it will hit Singapore in next or two months.

Regards,
Arto.

World Camera is offering me $1050. But im not sure izzit inc of GST??
Forgot to ask...

snaplover said:
World Camera is offering me $1050. But im not sure izzit inc of GST??
Forgot to ask...

iirc better don buy from that shop. i got mine there at 1200 without GST (in feb) and they try con me by selling hoya HMC 52mm at $30 which can be easily bought at <$20 from CP/MS etc. :nono: after knowing about that, i nv buy anything from there liao other than a step-up ring, since most of the other shop i asked doesn't have stock :sweatsm:(good thing they charge me reasonable for that ring, iirc $10 for either the 52>55 or 55>58)

Oh ExplorerZ thanks for the info!
Luckily i haven't get from the shop yet...
Maybe i'll get mine from MS...

But what other freebies can i ask for har?
Want to get the best deal out of my $$ :p

Oh ya.. yest i checked out at harvey norman...they're having a promotion for D50.
$1388 (1GB + 2 GB + bag + tripod)

MS -> $1188 (free 1GB + bag + filter (tokina))

AP -> $1120 before GST (free 1 GB, Bag)

Which is more worth?

snaplover said:
Oh ya.. yest i checked out at harvey norman...they're having a promotion for D50.

Which is more worth?

MS, seems the best. i don believe in free tripod given by HM, as for the 2GB card, you can get Kingston Ultimate 120x speed from SLS at about $100. If possible try to ask MS for a Hoya HMC UV filter instead. :thumbsup:, they might compromise since the price different between Hoya HMC and a tokina filter is about 10bucks but a deal off is worth more than a few hundred bucks :devil:

I just prefer hoya over tokina filters =x, though hoya one are made by tokina as well, but i still prefer hoya

Hi ExplorerZ,

Any reason why u prefer Hoya over Tokina filter ? :think:

snaplover said:
Hi ExplorerZ,

Any reason why u prefer Hoya over Tokina filter ? :think:

no idea oso :dunno: :bsmilie:, i just seems to prefer hoya filters :sweatsm:
maybe its becos i have been using hoya filter so far quite satisfied by it.

snaplover said:
Hi all,

Regards,
snaplover
Seems like you're new to DSLR and is considering of getting one huh? Me too... Still considering which one to get... After all, we will need the freebies such as memory cards, (kit) lenses etc...

snaplover said:

Which is more worth?
I think MS better.... Free Tripod usually give those cheapskate one... super light, no support for you camera at all... for those PnS still ok... for DSLR, cannot make it... Centre of gravity too high...

Cactus jACK said:
there have been varying recent reports on the price of the D70s kit package. so i have decided to post all listing of the price quote here in a separate post, until the price stablizes.

MS $1630 (Aug06, uy_uil) 2GB card, lowepro bag, dry box, software *Updated 14/08*

Pls send me a PM if you have further price updates on the D70s kit.
Sounds good too! I think can pump in more $$ to get a D70s instead of a D50...

But let's wait for COMEX lor... I bet Nikon is trying have big sale and promotions for their D50 and D70(s)...
http://www.nikon.com.sg/compareprod...dd021cb&c[]=711-89d95f3f2a&c[]=710-9cc3e2c4e0

don't buy D50 la. Top up with a few more hundreds you can get a better D70s. If you can wait, the newly launched D80 is a good choice too:)

I have got a D50 and after buying it, I then noticed that D70s has got a few more function than D50, and the kit lens of D50 is not as good as those of D70s. Seriously regretting buying D50 just because I wanted to save that little money.

zhuanjia said:
don't buy D50 la. Top up with a few more hundreds you can get a better D70s. If you can wait, the newly launched D80 is a good choice too:)

I have got a D50 and after buying it, I then noticed that D70s has got a few more function than D50, and the kit lens of D50 is not as good as those of D70s. Seriously regretting buying D50 just because I wanted to save that little money.
True to some extend... Also, you need a flash... SB800 is definitely better than SB600. But using a D50, I think you will not be able to trigger the SB800 wireless (off shoe flash)... Then you can't make full use of the SB800 already... Buying an inferior SB600, you can't turn it sideways! only up and down!

zhuanjia said:

Up, to individual, can't really say D50 is bad. I have been using it for about 1/2 year, so far so good, what tempt me to get d70 is oni the commander flash option, other wise i think its good enough for me. As for kit lens, no doubt its better than d50 18-55, but I know someday i will be changing to a f2.8 lens and wills et the 18-70 (if I have gotton d70)

True to some extend... Also, you need a flash... SB800 is definitely better than SB600. But using a D50, I think you will not be able to trigger the SB800 wireless (off shoe flash)... Then you can't make full use of the SB800 already... Buying an inferior SB600, you can't turn it sideways! only up and down!
nope, sb600 can swivel and tilt just like SB800.

Do you want to buy mine off me? I've had it less than a year and just had it professionally cleaned! It's been well looked after.

Let me know what you think.;)

Manda said:
Do you want to buy mine off me? I've had it less than a year and just had it professionally cleaned! It's been well looked after.

Let me know what you think.;)

sell off D50 to get D200??:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.