Nikon D50 with BR-2A

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanng

Oct 6, 2006
I juz bought the BR-2A+BR-3.
Yesterday try to take some shot but everything turn out black.

Friends, any advise on how to take photo with BR-2A mounted.
Thanks.

manually hold the aperture ring open

or use manual flash

:)

I juz bought the BR-2A+BR-3.
Yesterday try to take some shot but everything turn out black.

Friends, any advise on how to take photo with BR-2A mounted.
Thanks.
What's the lens you use and what's your exposure setting? You will need to use manual exposure. Are you able to see anything through the viewfinder?

Mine is the D50 kit set. The len come with the body.
I manage to see something ( although quite dark ), but after taking the pic, nothing come out.

I have F70 as well. Or do i have to use that len, instead of the one come with D50.

Mine is the D50 kit set. The len come with the body.
I manage to see something ( although quite dark ), but after taking the pic, nothing come out.

I have F70 as well. Or do i have to use that len, instead of the one come with D50.
Which lens is it that comes with the F70? if you can use that one it woulld be better because you get aperture control, open it up and you should be able to get a decent exposure. The lens that comes with D50 does nothave an aperture ring and you will probably have to hold the aperture open manually.

Alternatively, you can remove the BR-3 and there is a metal lever on the lens and you can use one of your fingers to push it. You will notice the viewfinder will become brighter because you have opened up the aperture.

If it's dark in your viewfinder, it's very likely that the exposure is not sufficient.

The one from D50 kit cannot set aperture.
yesterday nit tried with another len with aperture.
OK liao. very happy.
Tonit will try the method given by your guys.
Thanks for all the help.

Oh, let say now the len is 67mm, then i need to get a Female52 to Male67 to mount after the BR-2A. What type of ring is that? Step-down 67mm-52mm?
I tried with a step-up ring 52-67, but cant mount. [Male/Female]

The one from D50 kit cannot set aperture.
yesterday nit tried with another len with aperture.
OK liao. very happy.
Tonit will try the method given by your guys.
Thanks for all the help.

Oh, let say now the len is 67mm, then i need to get a Female52 to Male67 to mount after the BR-2A. What type of ring is that? Step-down 67mm-52mm?
I tried with a step-up ring 52-67, but cant mount. [Male/Female]
Think of the BR-2A as a 52mm filter. So it should be a step down ring from 67mm.

k thanks.
tonit will go and get 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.