Nikon D50 vs Canon 350D

Status
Not open for further replies.

snaplover

Jul 31, 2006
Hi all,
Am a newbie here..
Thinking of getting a DSLR but not sure which to buy :confused:
Can someone pls advice me on the differences between Nikon D50 and Canon 350D ?

Cheers,
SnapLover

snaplover said:
Hi all,
Am a newbie here..

Cheers,
SnapLover
Wait for Nikon D80. It is just a few more weeks!

Oh, and when you decide N or C or others, look for entire system, not only the camera.

Regards,
Arto.

One is Stronger than the Other in some perspective and Vise~Versa.

Practical Photography has one such article of D50 VS 350D in travel photography. But this choice of which one is solely dependant on the individual.

Go to the Nearest Camera Shop and Test it out yourself. :thumbsup:

Hi cikgu 101,
May i know where can i find the article mentioned?
Also, can briefly point out what are the strong points for each?
Just a brief one will do :p..
thanks sooo much!

Hi Artosoft,

I've no idea what to look out for.
Mind to share what to take note and look out for??

snaplover said:
Hi cikgu 101,
May i know where can i find the article mentioned?
Also, can briefly point out what are the strong points for each?
Just a brief one will do :p..
thanks sooo much!

Buy The July issue with the title " EARN CASH WITH PICTURES"
Kinda hard to mention all those points here
BTW...that's only for travel photograhy :thumbsup:

snaplover said:
Hi all,
Am a newbie here..

Cheers,
SnapLover
eh...why never consider pentax and olympus?:think:
both are going off at great price currently:thumbsup:

never leh.. what is the model for entry level both pentax and olympus?

snaplover said:
never leh.. what is the model for entry level both pentax and olympus?
Olympus e-500 and Pentax *istDL
pentax is going for less $1k
olympus e-500 going for abt $1599
whereas Harvey norman is having duo lens bundle for E-500 plus other freebies

I would perfer someone get a canon system. get a budget 350d. spend the rest on lens and flash. It's much easier when you want to upgrade to the Full frame 1D series. Some Nikon users chose to sell away their lens when they want to switch to 1D series due to the high cost and not forgetting the Lens.

canon lens are also better built. Especially the "L" series and some argues that it's cheaper than Nikon's top of the line taking into consideration of quality

Yes, Nikon is good in their budget body's build. Many people chose Nikon due to the advertising it had. canon chose to "if you know you want the best, you know it". They would rather spend the the budget in research. Anyway, Canon 1Ds Mk III rumours...

Nikon is also coming out with D80. The supposedly 350d ass kicker. Let's wait a few more days and see what Nikon whipped out huh. Any the NEGATIVE thing, It's using SD. SD are generally more expensive, slower and less reliable that it's big brother CF. Dun believe? Then why is all of the top range cam is using CF? D2x, 1Ds, 1D N, 1DsMKII etc.

Come on, dun waste you time looking into olympus and other brand. the lens are much more expensive and limited. And yeah, Canon has the widest range of lenses. Back to oylmpus etc, they maybe improving, but you want the bang for your bucks. Dun be persuade by the store sales person as they will get mroe commision when they sell one.

Well, after saying my 2.5 cents of thought, It's all up to you who will lay the cash. Most importantly, get what you tink you should get. ask questions. But if your cousin or friends are running Nikon, Olympus etc, not a bad idea to get the same brand body so that you can share lens.

All depends on the individual ...lots of N, C, O, F, S etc etc FAN and Salespeople out there trying their BEST to Convert ya.

So best try out and decide. Everyone has their say but you muct have your own say in this...Savvy!!! :thumbsup:

try the canon 30D....good for newbie..will nv regret it...350D is very old already...

heard new model ... Canon 370D would be out at photokina and a few days more the new Nikon model D80 would be out. :D

Might be a good investment to wait a little longer :thumbsup:

stjhie said:
Come on, dun waste you time looking into olympus and other brand. the lens are much more expensive and limited. And yeah, Canon has the widest range of lenses. Back to oylmpus etc, they maybe improving, but you want the bang for your bucks. Dun be persuade by the store sales person as they will get mroe commision when they sell one.

Well, after saying my 2.5 cents of thought, It's all up to you who will lay the cash. Most importantly, get what you tink you should get. ask questions. But if your cousin or friends are running Nikon, Olympus etc, not a bad idea to get the same brand body so that you can share lens.
choosing a dslr is like choosing a girlfriend:vhappy: ...some are easily available canon,nikon...some are harder to sought afterpentax,olympus,km,sony....although they may not be cheap or easily available...but just like a good woman.if u found a good one and found she good enough for u...then it enough liao:love2:
think i crap a bit too much

stjhie said:
I would perfer someone get a canon system. get a budget 350d. spend the rest on lens and flash. It's much easier when you want to upgrade to the Full frame 1D series. Some Nikon users chose to sell away their lens when they want to switch to 1D series due to the high cost and not forgetting the Lens.

canon lens are also better built. Especially the "L" series and some argues that it's cheaper than Nikon's top of the line taking into consideration of quality

Yes, Nikon is good in their budget body's build. Many people chose Nikon due to the advertising it had. canon chose to "if you know you want the best, you know it". They would rather spend the the budget in research. Anyway, Canon 1Ds Mk III rumours...

Nikon is also coming out with D80. The supposedly 350d ass kicker. Let's wait a few more days and see what Nikon whipped out huh. Any the NEGATIVE thing, It's using SD. SD are generally more expensive, slower and less reliable that it's big brother CF. Dun believe? Then why is all of the top range cam is using CF? D2x, 1Ds, 1D N, 1DsMKII etc.

Now that is the standard comments that would start the N & C war again. From the bulk of the comment, seemed to be skewed towards Canon.

eow said:
eh...why never consider pentax and olympus?:think:
both are going off at great price currently:thumbsup:
Because you can't go wrong if you go with the crowd :bsmilie: .

Joking only.

Regards,
Arto.

The Best Camera is The One You Enjoy Using It Very Much <--- GO FOR IT :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.