NIKON D50 is Made in Thailand

Status
Not open for further replies.

WILLIAM2000

Dec 11, 2005
Singapore
Hi,

I am planning to buy a Digital SLR next week. I have narrowed down to either the Nikon D50 or the Canon D350. I actually favour the Nikon since it is cost effective and the picture quality is very good and I don't need the 8 Mega Pixel w the Canon D350.

But I have heard that the Nikon is Made in Thailand and the quality may not match the Canon D350 which is Made in Japan.

Any comments on this ? Thanks

regards,
WL

this is just some personal preference ... nothing wrong

go for it, if you really prefer made in japan ;)

The opinion amongst the public in general may be that 'Made in Japan' equals quality. And it might have been true in the past, but it is less so now.

I'm sure both brands have some form of quality control for their production line, but every once in a while (perhaps even at the same frequency), things go wrong. A lemon finds its way out of the factory into an excited photographers hand and suddenly goes dead when still under warranty.

Don't go for products based on where they were made. Ultimately, everything in the world will probably be made in China anyway. ;)

As far as Nikon cameras are concerned, the D50, D70, D70s are made in Thailand? (Correct me if I'm wrong) - some minor hiccups from D70 (but u see it in other brands too), but no noticeable difference whether it's MIJ or not. Where cameras are concerned. Shouldn't (IMHO) be a major drawback.

Wahaha... I like this thread. :thumbsup:

Hi all,

Thanks for all the feedbacks , now that I know that there shouldn't be much quality issues w Nikon SLR cameras made in Thailand. I can safely stick to my preference to keep the investment within a low budget to buy the Nikon D50 as an amatuer SLR owner.

regards,
WL

[made in japan] juz means higher manufacturing costs

in my opinion i still think that Japanese companies will preserve some of their core competency in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.