Nikon D50, continous mode (burst shots) not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

tengcc

Jul 31, 2006
Hi bros,

I have tried to turn the rotating switch to set at Continuous mode for burst shot but after pressing the shutter half way and full, nothing happens.

Can anyone advise me what went wrong. thanks

I'm not sure about D50, but for D70s, there's a minimum shutter speed you have to 'attain' before you can burst fire. Maybe that's the cause?

wildstallion said:
Set to continuous mode, set to Shutter priority, set shutter speed to 1/1000 then half press and shoot, it should reach around 3FPS.

Bro Wildstallion, thanks and I got it. Wow!! Awesome for a newbie like me. Gees, there are so much to learn about photography!!!! Cheers!!:thumbsup: :bsmilie:

tengcc said:
Bro Wildstallion, thanks and I got it. Wow!! Awesome for a newbie like me. Gees, there are so much to learn about photography!!!! Cheers!!:thumbsup: :bsmilie:

No Problem. Sometimes if your below a certain shutterspeed 3fps cannot work, need a decent shutterspeed. Keep on learning, i know I still am. :)

i can get continuous shot on D50 at 1 sec shutter. but at slower rates of cos..

if u didnt knew bout dis, u cant do continuous wif flash on.
only can be done wif external flash. ;)

VR2 said:
i can get continuous shot on D50 at 1 sec shutter. but at slower rates of cos..

if u didnt knew bout dis, u cant do continuous wif flash on.
only can be done wif external flash. ;)

Yeah, but it wont be that fast, and thats what the TS was wondering I guess.

mayb, if its is slower den den 3pfs rate it will take the slowest shutter rate..
(hope not confusing TS and others) haha.. :bsmilie:
dunno how to explain properly.. if its annoying u.. pls skip dis thread.. ;p

To achieve 3fps, isn't it logical you'd need a shutter speed of at least 1/3 sec or faster? :confused:

tengcc said:
Hi bros,

I have tried to turn the rotating switch to set at Continuous mode for burst shot but after pressing the shutter half way and full, nothing happens.

Can anyone advise me what went wrong. thanks
Your AF is probably set to single servo and it could not find a focus so it locked the shutter. If you switch focusing to M or AF-Continuous, then it should fire. Like what others mentioned, the shutter speed will also determine the fps.

lsisaxon said:
Your AF is probably set to single servo and it could not find a focus so it locked the shutter. If you switch focusing to M or AF-Continuous, then it should fire. Like what others mentioned, the shutter speed will also determine the fps.

Thanks to all bros for yr good advice. Yes, I can get the continous burst shots now when I set the dial to S and ISO right up to highest. But yes, you cannot get this burst shots if you have internal flash lights on. I guess, I need to get the SB-600 for night shots.

Cheers
Teng

tengcc said:
Thanks to all bros for yr good advice. Yes, I can get the continous burst shots now when I set the dial to S and ISO right up to highest. But yes, you cannot get this burst shots if you have internal flash lights on. I guess, I need to get the SB-600 for night shots.

Cheers
Teng

but rem the higher the ISO the more the noise..

Status
Not open for further replies.