Nikon D40x or Olympus E410?

Which is camera would you choose?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the new model E420 is better than E410 which the new model will give D40x a stiff fight. of course the E510 is better than these two models but costs more.

Considering both are small and compact, I would go for the E-410/E-420 for the compactness. It just looks so good with a pancake lens especially you can put it into any bags without much protruding problems.

Nikon D40x is better. But in the end it all depends on the one taking pictures.

D40x i tink better in terms of ergonomics... E410 too small if ur hands are big...

How's the Nikon D60 & D40x compared?

The notable additions are the Active D-Lighting and the (not so effective) dust reduction that are used on the more expensive Nikon bodies.

However, the What Digital Camera review gave it worse results than the D40x.

it depends on what you want. all in one lens has its purposes. entry level cameras has its purposes. how much are you willing to give up to be happy and take the shots you want? will lugging around many lenses and a heavy camera make your day? will taking a light combo make you happier? only you can decide for yourself.

How's the Nikon D60 & D40x compared?

Based on most real tests conducted by reviews, it performed much better in low light due to it's Nikon EXPEED processing which is not found in D40X.

I think the new model E420 is better than E410 which the new model will give D40x a stiff fight. of course the E510 is better than these two models but costs more.

Without the built-in Image stabilization, E420 is still not appealing to those who eyeing the Nikon, my thought though. Ya, E510 is in a better position.

yea... i think E510 is in a btr position to differentiate from Nikon D40x. Moreover it costs $160 more than E410 as wat it shows in Alanphoto site. (might expect a slight drop or more freebies becuz E520 has juz recently be announced) IS might not be tat useful for low light shooting but it definitely helps in 1 & another way. + the SSWD which is very well a useful feature for user like me who hate frequent cleaning. But I dun wan to promote Olympus becuz I am an user of tat. So it's still up to u..!! haa ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.