Nikon D40X Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbine

Nov 19, 2007
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
hi guys. im a rookie. hehe. just started to show interest on for photography. was considering on gettin a d40x kit. suntec harvey norman was selling at $1188. i went to marina square cathay photo they were selling @ SG$1,000 excat. with a free SD 2GB memory card. but my dad says the price is still abit high. any1 knows where to get the cheapest?? my friend say sg1k for slr cam is already quite cheap ready. hmm

hi guys. im a rookie. hehe. just started to show interest on for photography. was considering on gettin a d40x kit.

my friend say sg1k for slr cam is already quite cheap ready. hmm

I feel that you are not ready yet.
Try looking at cameras such as the Canon's Powershot series.

There's a G9 which comes with a hot-shoe to expand your creativity needs.

EDIT: Ready in a sense that you do not really need the camera. You have to consider costs for lenses as well.

Why not just get D40? It's as good as D40x except the lower pixel count, and a good 200 cheaper. You get to play with sync speed over 1/500s as well.

i've been practicing and shooting with my normal nikon coolpix L5 wif 6m.p cam before i decided to get the d40 series. does 4m.p makes a big difference? cause i wan to have a good nice real looking pic. as i really did considered on the 10 m.p cam

Step right up! im here to offer u $900 fixed price for my 5 month old d40x kit with 18-55mm lense. All comes with the standard full-box set. Valid nikon warranty. I just bought a nikon 200 just now so thats why im selling it. 10/10 condition. call me if ur interested. Freebies such as 2gb mem card, extra batt, extra large tripod. Can arrange for viewing! :)

name: khai
number: 91065352

Step right up! im here to offer u $900 fixed price for my 5 month old d40x kit with 18-55mm lense. All comes with the standard full-box set. Valid nikon warranty. I just bought a nikon D200 just now so thats why im selling it. 10/10 condition. call me if ur interested. Freebies such as 2gb mem card, extra batt, extra large tripod. Can arrange for viewing! :)

Step right up! im here to offer u $900 fixed price for my 5 month old d40x kit with 18-55mm lense. All comes with the standard full-box set. Valid nikon warranty. I just bought a nikon D200 just now so thats why im selling it. 10/10 condition. call me if ur interested. Freebies such as 2gb mem card, extra batt, extra large tripod. Can arrange for viewing! :)

terribly sorry for the flood. My mouse has a problem in the clicking so i think it clicked thrice. so sorry.

maybe you should just pm-ed next time. ahaha. ok. gimme some time. will tok to my dad bout it when he wakes up. how long does ur warranty left? and where u got it from?

If im not mistaken, I think it should be 2 yrs. Its only 5 months old now. I bought it from bargain city at J8 for $1239. Ive got receipt and all to show u too. :) u can just sms me by tmrw afternoon if u decide to get it as ive received numerous offers too in the buy and sell section. ;)

Nice one. You just secured a deal.
I wish you all the best for your journey on photography.

olympus system is the cheapest in the market IIRC. previously KM is also cheaper than Nikon but after Sony bought over, I'm not too sure.

anyway, this is in the wrong forums.. all price related threads should be started in the consumer section no?

it is selling about $970 outside with GST
also free 2GB
NOt sure where have lower prices.

i've been practicing and shooting with my normal nikon coolpix L5 wif 6m.p cam before i decided to get the d40 series. does 4m.p makes a big difference? cause i wan to have a good nice real looking pic. as i really did considered on the 10 m.p cam

Well...how do you look at it now when you know the D40 and D40X share THE ABOUT SAME SIZE IMAGE CAPTURE SENSOR? It means...the additional 4mp is done by interpolating (?) though they say they added more pixel sensor to it. Just like what Fuji did with their digital PnS. They did not use a diffeence sensor to put in that extra 4mp as far as a number of article I read. The builtin hardware take the 6mp image and add "pixels" to it. So is it worth paying abit more for the D40X?

Okay I just recall it was a D80 sensor they use but the slight size decrease (23.6 x 15.8 mm to 23.7 x 15.6 mm) could not make that big a diff ?

Just get a Sony A100. Cheap nowadays, you get anti-shake with all lenses and you also get autofocus with all lenses, which the D40X can't give you.

maybe you should just pm-ed next time. ahaha. ok. gimme some time. will tok to my dad bout it when he wakes up. how long does ur warranty left? and where u got it from?

Maybe your dad should know that's not the end yet...........
Flash, lens, filter, dry box, tripod, camera bag and more to come.........:bigeyes:

Be prepare and enjoy shoot. :sweatsm:

any1 have any idea how much does the D40 Kit sells? 1st hand cheap cheap

$980 for D40x if I am not wrong. You consider the K100D super too which is around the same price range. Same goes for Sony A100.

Have a little search about the other equipment like price of lenses for future expansion before you decide would be better. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.