Nikon D40X Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been practicing and shooting with my normal nikon coolpix L5 wif 6m.p cam before i decided to get the d40 series. does 4m.p makes a big difference? cause i wan to have a good nice real looking pic. as i really did considered on the 10 m.p cam

I am using D40 and I'm not even shooting at 6Megapixels.... File too large... Download too long etc. Unless I want to print it out or crop really tight then I shoot at 6 Megapix. So wat do u think?

i bought my d40x kit for $950 from joh 3:16 around 1mth back.

as for the d40 vs d40x part, dpreview's test seems to indicate that nikon is not simply squeezing more pixels into the same sensor, the noise did not seem to increase dramatically with the extra 4MP, and the dynamic range of the d40x is better than the d40. the extra megapixels also also allows more areas for cropping, if the need arises.

i bought my d40x kit for $950 from joh 3:16 around 1mth back.

as for the d40 vs d40x part, dpreview's test seems to indicate that nikon is not simply squeezing more pixels into the same sensor, the noise did not seem to increase dramatically with the extra 4MP, and the dynamic range of the d40x is better than the d40. the extra megapixels also also allows more areas for cropping, if the need arises.

The main thing is that Nikon is buying sensors from Sony. Sony stopped manufacturing the 6MP sensors and focused on the 10.2 MP sensors for the A100, so Nikon had to switch sensors to the A100 sensor and rebadged the D40 as D40x.

Wat u mean? My point is to say that 6 megapix is quite sufficient unless u gonna print a wall size photo....

o i see. haaha.

can any1 tell me if theres any taken picture photos difference between d40 and d40x?
lky d40x picture looks more brighter and clear than d40 etc.

o i see. haaha.

can any1 tell me if theres any taken picture photos difference between d40 and d40x?
lky d40x picture looks more brighter and clear than d40 etc.

Why would it look brighter? A lot of what you're asking depends on individual settings and the lens used.

The D40x has a slightly better dynamic range than the D40, but both have approx. the same color response as they also share the same JPEG engine. It's cleaner at ISO 1600 though.

Of course, all of this could have been found out by you if you tried a search online and read a review, like the one on DPReview.

any1 have any idea how much does the D40 Kit sells? 1st hand cheap cheap

I think u should go to Funan Centre and Pennisular Plaza take a look around. Alot of shops around there. Should sell cheaper than shops at Marina Sq and Harvey.

hi rookie, i recently bought a D40kit at alan photo. they selling D40kit X at only 940 including of gst with 2GB card. You can try there...Cheers

It would be worthwhile to go to different shops to compare the prices. I also wonder if Alan Photo @Funan quotes more than AlanPhoto @Simlim. Just to share, I also bought my D40x at Alan Photo, and I think the price they quoted for the camera was alright (October 2007). But when I asked for quotes for camera bag, they made me buy the nikon bag (which later on people told me it's a free gift they would give) for $45! Obviously I felt cheated.

Perhaps they do sell certain products at decent prices, and others at higher price. Eg. they quoted $950 (before GST) for Sigma 10-20mm wide angle HSM lens. Cathay Photo (Peninsula Plaza) quoted me $915.

Just my 2 cents worth...

U sure u want D40X?Consider 400D.

Nikon D40/X has a design flaw of no autofocus motor built in.

Then might as well get an A100 or a K10D. At least they have anti-shake built in.

See? We can all flog our own brands. Point is, he's settled on the D40X.

As a d40X user, I think TS should seriously consider the issue about the body not having the AF motor. Read more about it then decide. Without that, quite a few lenses won't be able to AF, something the TS might treasure more during the early stages....just a few thoughts:D

I don't think it's a design flaw :) it's a tradeoff so that the camera body is smaller and lighter for people with smaller hands... Anyway, the kits lens are decent, and Sigma also offer HSM lens that work well with D40X. If shooting macro, many prefers manual focus anyway :D

At the end of the day,its all up to the TS himself to decide the ultimate choice - we dont own his money nor do we have the authority to decide where does it go to.If TS settled on a D40X,good luck and enjoy your Nikon.

sounded like d40x not very good leh...:confused:

gg for the sitex to take a look tomo, if deal is good, will get it leh!!! :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.