Nikon D40, hands-on preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSSNewsRobot

Sep 27, 2006
As we knew all along the leaks were fairly accurate, Nikon has today announced the six megapixel, compact, 'entry level' D40 digital SLR. This new digital SLR loses some of the D50's features but gains some new ones from the D80. Headline details are a new Multi-CAM530 three area AF sensor, 3D Color Matrix Metering II, custom Auto ISO (same as D80), 2.5 fps continuous shooting, no status LCD and in-camera retouching. The D40 also has lots of nice user interface touches designed to make using the camera an easier experience for first time users. We have a production D40 and have produced a detailed hands-on preview in anticipation of a full review in the next few weeks.

More...

ivan

Sep 30, 2004
Singapore
hey... this is a good news to those who wish to enter the photography world... :thumbsup:
wonder how much is the price? :think:

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
hey... this is a good news to those who wish to enter the photography world... :thumbsup:
wonder how much is the price? :think:
No motor drive pin... Silent Wave lenses only? thought many lenses are still motorless?

aaron80

Mar 29, 2006
North
www.flickr.com
I feel this will be a very gd entry camera for ppl moving up from prosumer..:thumbsup: Its doesnt really matters that it loses a few functions, it gains some useful functions too. Most importantly is its price(which I think will be very reasonable) and the ability to produce gd pics..:)

Hexlord

Dec 25, 2004
Bedok
hexlord.multiply.com
I feel this will be a very gd entry camera for ppl moving up from prosumer..:thumbsup: Its doesnt really matters that it loses a few functions, it gains some useful functions too. Most importantly is its price(which I think will be very reasonable) and the ability to produce gd pics..:)
Personally I think those owning prosumers (including myself) will be more discerning and opt for mid-range DSLRs such as the D70s/80 or the 400D/30D instead.

However, for first timers, why not? Go for the D40 if the price's reasonable enough :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom