Nikon D3x for weddings

Status
Not open for further replies.

photographyvictoria

Nov 9, 2007
I am debating buying the D3 primarily for wedding photography. I was wondering if any of you has one and can tell me first-hand what it's like noise-wise. Right now I'm using the D200, which is a fantastic camera (I love it)... but I have been drooling over the noise reviews of the D3x in very low light situations. In your experience, are you able to take pictures in virtual darkness with barely any noise?

Thank you in advance!
Eunice
Victoria B.C. Wedding Photography
Portrait and Fashion Photography - Victoria BritisH Columbia

I am debating buying the D3 primarily for wedding photography. I was wondering if any of you has one and can tell me first-hand what it's like noise-wise. Right now I'm using the D200, which is a fantastic camera (I love it)... but I have been drooling over the noise reviews of the D3x in very low light situations. In your experience, are you able to take pictures in virtual darkness with barely any noise?

Thank you in advance!
Eunice

The camera isn't officially released until 20th November later next week. Unfortunately i'm not one of the lucky few to be able to test the D3, but from my honest opinion, there would be no other camera more suitable for weddings that the D3.

Thank you in advance!
Eunice

There was quite a number of images from photographers who tested the unit and i happen to see one coming from a wedding photographer. He shoot one of his wedding using a D3 and based on his shots, he was shooting high ISO's (1600, 3200 and even 6400) and i can tell you... No noticable trace of noise in his pics... very good color reproduction and not to mention FF format. :thumbsup::blah:

buy buy buy!!! if only i have the money :dunno::heart:

You meant the D3... D3 a good equipment to have in a wedding, where flash photography not allowed in some churches. But if your D200 has served you well, you do not have to step up so much by buying the D3, the D300 should be an improvement over your D200. They have full comparison of D3, D300, D2Xs and D200 in Japan. The D300 is at least 1.5 stop better than the D200, so that gives you usable ISO 1600. Why not consider the D300?

One word thou, your D200 would not fetch a lot, if you plan to sell it... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.