Nikon D3s - It's Official

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the specs of the rumoured D800 is true ,then this for me will be the ultimate DSLR in terms of features and hopefully ,price. I'm already saving for it ;)

same here.. I have been holding too for D800 or something which gives a compromise between fps and pixels.. I have been drooling for D3 but dont have pocket to afford that.

Ya,I've borrowed my friend's D3 twice while on holiday n must say it's quite a torture if u are the backpacking kind who walks alot . The D700 is ideal in this aspect so hopefully the D800 will be released soon coz I have some trips planned next year;)

Anybody knows when will D3s hit the stores and how much?

just concentrate on taking photos and not on the camera itself...learn to live with whatever camera you have and be contented.
at the sametime, plan and save hard for your next major purchase...

If Nikon Rumors is true, then D700 will remain D700 and not evolve to become D700s or D700x (with new D3s sensor), instead we will have D800 (with a different sensor?)! So there will be less number of D700 for sale in the BNS section.

http://nikonrumors.com/

Rumor: Nikon D800 instead of D700s/x
By [NR] admin | October 21, 2009
PhotographyBay received a tip that Nikon will not be updating the D700, but instead will release a completely new model – Nikon D800 with the following specs:

■Video mode 1080p video recording (full HD)
■High resolution 24.5 MP
■High frame rate: 7 fps without battery grip (similar to D300s)
■51-area Nikon Multi-CAM 3500FX (same technology as D3X)
■Expected to be released before the end of the year
At that point I do not have any reliable info on that rumor. All sources point that D700 will not be updated anytime soon. Maybe this really means a new D800 that could coexists with the D700.

I hope that the D800 sensor is more towards that of the d3s.
better iso performance and lesser megapixels.

If the D800 it is really at 24.5mps, I will probably need to save up for a much better pc to process the raw files too.

shall keep fingers crossed and wait for the actual release :)

just concentrate on taking photos and not on the camera itself...learn to live with whatever camera you have and be contented.
at the sametime, plan and save hard for your next major purchase...

Hey dude, my question was simple and I didn't ask for your philosophical views on photography. Besides what makes you think I must "plan and save hard for my next major purchase"? If you haven't got answers to my questions, pls shut your gap. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey dude, my question was simple and I didn't ask for your philosophical views on photography. Besides what makes you think I must "plan and save hard for my next major purchase"? If you haven't got answers to my questions, pls shut your gap. Thank you.

The original post looked like a general comment towards the content of this thread and didn't look like it was directed at any one specifically, and given the content I'm fairly sure it wasn't directed at you.

Last I looked there were 87 posts prior to mbernard posting his comment, and there was no reference specifically to your post.

This thread isn't your thread, you didn't start it, and most of the posts aren't by you. So why do you feel like the only thing someone should be able to post should be answers to your questions?

As for the answer to those questions, Google will likely provide more information than anyone here will be able to provide. And it has the advantage of not giving you philosophical views on photography when you haven't asked for them.

Last edited:
The original post looked like a general comment towards the content of this thread and didn't look like it was directed at any one specifically, and given the content I'm fairly sure it wasn't directed at you.

Last I looked there were 87 posts prior to mbernard posting his comment, and there was no reference specifically to your post.

This thread isn't your thread, you didn't start it, and most of the posts aren't by you. So why do you feel like the only thing someone should be able to post should be answers to your questions?

As for the answer to those questions, Google will likely provide more information than anyone here will be able to provide. And it has the advantage of giving you philosophical views on photography when you haven't asked for them.

As you have read all the previous posts, nobody actually asked for any advice pertaining to his answers

Yes, this thread isn't mine and I didn't started it but his comments were posted after my questions so it's natural for me to feel that he is insinuating.

Google will not provide the answers to when the product will arrive at our stores in S'pore and the local price. So if you don't have answers to my questions, I'd appreciate that you shut your gap too. :)

Mr BB Slim,

Your replies and tone are both rude and distinctly immature. It is sad that your lack of manners should pollute this thread.

Of course I expect you to ask me to 'shut my gap' now. I would expect nothing less from an individual with your level of maturity.

DFM

Oh well, I apologize for polluting this thread. I was merely seeking information from members who may know about the D3s.

I don't mean to be rude and I have no intentions to offend anyone. :)

Peace.

Last edited:
Oh well, I'm sorry for polluting this thread. I was merely seeking answers from members who may know about the D3s.

I have no intentions to offend anyone. :)

Cheers.

No hard feelings. To be honest, the best price and availability check is to pick up the phone and call the shops. That's what I usually do when I need to find out the price. ;p When you post here to find out prices, you sometimes do get crap answers unless there happen to be someone who just found out the answers and he's willing to share.

As Jed mentioned, just don't take it that mbernard is directing his answers at you because it could be directed at anyone. ;p

No hard feelings. To be honest, the best price and availability check is to pick up the phone and call the shops. That's what I usually do when I need to find out the price. ;p When you post here to find out prices, you sometimes do get crap answers unless there happen to be someone who just found out the answers and he's willing to share.

As Jed mentioned, just don't take it that mbernard is directing his answers at you because it could be directed at anyone. ;p

Dear Isisaxon, the reason I posted my questions here was because I have had many questions answered by helpful and friendly members like yourself before.

As I have been to MS, Alan and called up Lords, none had any info on the street price and availabilities. That is why I posted my question here in hope for some resourceful member to share the answers.

Well maybe I was too quick to react to mbernard's comment, my apologies to you mbernard.

Cheers.:D

Dear Isisaxon, the reason I posted my questions here was because I have had many questions answered by helpful and friendly members like yourself before.

As I have been to MS, Alan and called up Lords, none had any info on the street price and availabilities. That is why I posted my question here in hope for some resourceful member to share the answers.

Well maybe I was too quick to react to mbernard's comment, my apologies to you mbernard.

Cheers.:D

Haha.. Then probably it isn't available yet. I don't think I'll be asking because I don't think I have the $$ to buy it. ;p

Similarly, I apologize to you for my reply to dafrogman. I've taken it out.

Last edited:
Thank you for the clearing of air dudes. Civility is a fast disappearing luxury especially online.

I salute your reply Mr BB Slim and take back my disparaging remarks on your maturity.

Master Isisaxon, I didn't get to read your reply to my post, but I have always enjoyed your many thoughtful inputs to the forum.

Peace to all, there's enough war for real out there. BTW, I too would like to know when the D3s is due to arrive on Singapores fair shores....

Regards,

Saimee @ DFM

No hard feelings to anyone for the interesting feedback. The comments I made were directed at no one but just a reminder to myself. As I am thinking hard about making a major purchase, I have to consider seriously hard cos it involves money. So my comments are just my personal thoughts at this time. No offence to anyone. :)

No hard feelings to anyone for the interesting feedback. The comments I made were directed at no one but just a reminder to myself. As I am thinking hard about making a major purchase, I have to consider seriously hard cos it involves money. So my comments are just my personal thoughts at this time. No offence to anyone. :)

I really agree, after several purchases that weren't really justified, that we should stick with what we have until there is really a compelling need to change. Unlike film days where it makes sense to invest in a good body, now the body obsoletes itself as the sensor and imaging engine progresses. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.