nikon d300 Price??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cos maybe tomorow got D90 annoucement?..........;p

It is coming....

See Thom Hogan's posting: http://www.bythom.com/

"So what is a D90? Well, a 12mp, ~4.5 fps DSLR, basically. On paper those seem like modest boosts from the D80. In practice, they are a distinct notch forward in performance. The big news, however, is that Live View now has a twist that other DSLRs can't currently claim: it can record video (thus the microphone grill).

We also get a new lens for kitting with the D90: the 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G DX VR. Modest in size (67mm filter size), this seems like a nice addition to the lineup and well targeted to the D80/D90 type of user. Essentially, this is a 28-150mm equivalent. Not truly superzoom, but a good compromise between size and reach. This new lens also plugs the VR hole Nikon had in the DX lens lineup (essentially no VR in the kit lenses if you wanted more than 55 but less than 200 at the long end)."

HK set selling $1850 at the the Benrophoto shop (opposite the coffee area outside P&G Photographic shop in Peninsular shopping Centre).

That's a 2nd hand set, not a new HK set

what does HK set means anyway? seems like all the dslr i brought are HK sets.

what does HK set means anyway? seems like all the dslr i brought are HK sets.

HK set is also call GREy set. It is bought on HK which is much cheaper so it sells a little bit lower price here in SG. The only cons is that the warranty of your cam is not applicable here in Sing since the set is HK base. Nikon only supports int warranty on lens & flashes. So if you want a cheaper price with a little bit of risk go buy Grey set. :dunno:

serious! I did not know that!! I was confirm that the set that i brought has local warranty!

Anyone think it is possible that the new D90 will cause the D300 price to drop?
After all, they are both DX cameras.

according to another thread (The (HK) is Nikon's inventory coding and doesn't mean it is a grey set.) You just scare me.

according to another thread (The (HK) is Nikon's inventory coding and doesn't mean it is a grey set.) You just scare me.

Well thats what i thought of Grey set ( i think i read it here also i just forgot where).
Anyway in that thread it says that any Camera body which is bought outside of the Local country is said to be grey set as it doesnt have a Local nikon warranty. If you encounter a problem with your camera you have to bring it to the country where you bought it (ex. US or HK) to use your warranty. unless you want to pay extra for fixing your camera here in sing. BTW some camera shops who sells grey set offers shop warranty of 3-6 months i think depending on the shop. :dunno:

Can someone confirm this one?

Questions regarding warranty for camera bodies have already been asked countless times... If you buy the camera in Hong Kong, the warranty is only valid in Hong Kong. Full stop. Camera bodies do not enjoy international warranty like lenses. Grey sets (parallel import) mean they are not gotten through manufacturer / local distributor and thus do not enjoy local warranty.

Last edited:

They key item to look for is who issued the warranty card? If it is Nikon Singapore, it is a local set. If it is Nikon somewhere else it is grey. You are right to say that the HK is some kind of code that does not mean Hongkong.

Well thats what i thought of Grey set ( i think i read it here also i just forgot where).
Anyway in that thread it says that any Camera body which is bought outside of the Local country is said to be grey set as it doesnt have a Local nikon warranty. If you encounter a problem with your camera you have to bring it to the country where you bought it (ex. US or HK) to use your warranty. unless you want to pay extra for fixing your camera here in sing. BTW some camera shops who sells grey set offers shop warranty of 3-6 months i think depending on the shop. :dunno:

Can someone confirm this one?

This is also correct. If you trust the local shop then go ahead and do it.

Bottom line - see who issued the warranty card.

Anyone think it is possible that the new D90 will cause the D300 price to drop?
After all, they are both DX cameras.

Most likely not. Release of 50D might.

Camera price are always dropping. If you compare now to when D90 is available. Price of D300 will definately be cheaper.

Sorry - a bit OT

planning to buy D300 in John on Sat - but dont know whether they will open on Saturday. ( National Day - public Holiday )
Already tried call them but they didn't pick up.

anyone know whether they will open?

Thanks!

I've just checked with Sam, he's opened till 7 this Sat.

It is coming....

See Thom Hogan's posting: http://www.bythom.com/

"So what is a D90? Well, a 12mp, ~4.5 fps DSLR, basically. On paper those seem like modest boosts from the D80. In practice, they are a distinct notch forward in performance. The big news, however, is that Live View now has a twist that other DSLRs can't currently claim: it can record video (thus the microphone grill).

We also get a new lens for kitting with the D90: the 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G DX VR. Modest in size (67mm filter size), this seems like a nice addition to the lineup and well targeted to the D80/D90 type of user. Essentially, this is a 28-150mm equivalent. Not truly superzoom, but a good compromise between size and reach. This new lens also plugs the VR hole Nikon had in the DX lens lineup (essentially no VR in the kit lenses if you wanted more than 55 but less than 200 at the long end)."

..........this is insane man!:bigeyes:

Anyone got any updates on the current price today?

Just visited MS photo AMK Blk 711 today, D300 body with 4 G 133X lexar memory and Lowepro 190 bag with GST cost $200, Nikon 18-200 VRII lens with GST onl $990.

Just visited MS photo AMK Blk 711 today, D300 body with 4 G 133X lexar memory and Lowepro 190 bag with GST cost $200, Nikon 18-200 VRII lens with GST onl $990.

$2000 w/GST you mean?:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.