Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg... i still cannot decide between D90 or D300.
In fact i'm reluctant to get D300 because it is $600 more expensive.
However, i suppose the image quality is much better than that of D90 right?? especially iso noise

omg... i still cannot decide between D90 or D300.
In fact i'm reluctant to get D300 because it is $600 more expensive.
However, i suppose the image quality is much better than that of D90 right?? especially iso noise

its more than iso if u wan to look into the specifics:

1. D300 shares same AF/metering modules as D700/D3
2. Faster FPS
3. Ability to use fantastic Nikkor Manual lenses with metering in Av/M modes

if u r on a budget, get a used D300, there are some relatively new D300s going for 1.6-1.7k in B&S section. in this case, the price difference is only 300-400. :)

The only word i will say, you will never regret.

if one day you going to upgrade to better camera, this also very good to become spare.

Silver Auto Y Not I Can Suggest U Going To Shops And Test Out The Camera U Think U Like Get The Feel Of The Grip. Depends If u Are Going For The Grips Maybe U Should Take D90 It Also Depends If u Are A Beginner Or Advance If U Are Around The Middle Take The D90 But If U Are Advance Before Just Go For The D300. But I Would Suggest U To Go Into Nikon Not Because I Am A Nikon User But The Canon Lens May be More Than Nikon But Canon Items Are Very Ex U Will End Up Spending A Bomb. The Bottom Line Is Up TO U Since U Said That U Sold Ur Canon Stuff Go Into Nikon^^ :) Anyway This Is Ur Decision ^^ :)

did you learn punctuation in school??

May i know why did i learn punctuation or not? Does this related to how to shoot or buy which camera?

On this topic we are talking about which camera we should select between D300, D90 and 40D, why somebody want to find other/snaper fault about this and that?

We are here try to help or seeking help from each other and also to share about camera, lens and etc....... Thus, for those who are intend to show how good of her/his writing and speaking, please try to find something then clubsnap.

For those if you are keen to help and contribute please feel free to give more comment to help new member, otherwise, ........

Bro KennyRoger try his very best to give some comment about this issue, but seem like somebody did not appreciate and take this as joke.

Above are not intend to offence any body or member here, only my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Ya we should learn to accept someone as he is. If you really dont know what he is talking about I think its more polite if you actually clarify instead of being so sarcastic towards him.

Back on topic. I went to John with the intention to purchase a D90. But when I went there, I purchased a D300 instead.

Reason being

1)It has a better autofocus system which covers a much larger area than the D90 which makes it much more flexible.
2)I think this is just me. The top LCD is bigger and display more info than the D90's top LCD
3)Grip size. This is a personal preference. I like big grips as my hand is rather big.
4)The D300 frame is made of magnesium alloy as opposed to D90's aluminium alloy and polycarbonate frame.
5)D300 is weather sealed
6)D300 has a built in intravalometer(the timed shots)
7)D300's battery grip isnt L shaped so its easier to keep.
8)D300 has a higher frame rate per second (6.12fps vs 4.5)
9)D300 can meter and all that with other manual focus lens.

All in all, I think that the D300 is a better (much more complicated to use too cus it doesnt have an auto mode) more capable and durable camera. But it comes at a cost. The weight and price.

After all you would be using the camera, so go down and feel the cameras.

Dear All,

Previously i am using Canon 450D. Due to itchy backside, so intend to look for something different which 450D dun have. I had sold out all my Canon.:cry:

I still stuck at this few item as mention on tittle, have no idea what brand and model i should go. So, at here i would like to have some comment from all of you.:dunno:

Again, also thinking to get new or used from CS,

Live is so diffitcult.:(
Well, from the options you have given it is an easy selection for me. The D300 is a definite winner of the three cameras IMHO.

To Silver Auto:
Congratulations on your new purchase.
You should close this thread now, since your objective has been met.

To digress on the punctuation issue... yes, perhaps my sarcasm was out of line. It was a reaction to the increasing number of forumers who simply can't be bothered to type properly. Spelling and minor grammatical mistakes are fine. But to type like this... I dunno...
I'm sure if I were to type a posting in German, I'd get flamed like nobody's business. Why? Because you'd have to check the German-English Dictionary and translate every single word. Very irritating, right? Similarly, but I guess to a lesser extent, posting like KennyRoger did is very irritating. His post is not easily read. It's not too difficult to press 'comma', 'full-stop', and 'enter' every now and then, is it?

Anyway in summary. The D90 and D300 are targeted at different market segments. It's impossible to compare the 2 directly.
Price, weight, size are huge factors to consider. Those are the reasons why I'm still sticking to my D80 instead of 'upgrading' to D300.

It's not so much about the camera. Just the person behind it willing to learn and practise alot to get good pictures...

How much iso noise difference is there between d90 and d300?

depends on which reviews u read. Ken Rockwell claims that D90 is better than D300. Some claims is the same (dpreview), some says D300 is better. :confused:

amount this three? of course D300, but why not D700? forget about D90, the video function is NOT for photographer! and it does not support AI/AIS lens on metering!:bsmilie:

Both share a similar sensor based on the Sony A700 one. In RAW, the noise difference should be negligible, unless Nikon tweaked the default NR or changed the bayer filter.

out of the 3 choice i would get the D90..:think:

Dear All,

Thanks for all info so far. As one of the member mentioned, since i had archive my target. So, i would like to close this thread.

Again, Thanks for all who provide me such useful and helpful info.

Status
Not open for further replies.