Nikon D3 vs Canon EOS 5D Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.

onedollar

Apr 2, 2007
Struggling between the above mentioned camera. Can some of the experts here share your comparison between the 2 flagships?

Struggling between the above mentioned camera. Can some of the experts here share your comparison between the 2 flagships?

You should be comparing 5DII to D700 instead of the D3. D3 should be compared to the 1D/1Ds series.

What system are you on now? Think properly because it's going to be expensive when you need to change system.

I had the same dilemna as you, not knowing which to get. For me it's either D700 or 5DmkII. I read the issue about D700 with it's 24-70 and then proceed to get 5DmkII. Now 5dmkII has issue too. Either one has it's own pros and cons. Go find out more from the other threads, no one can decide other than youself.

I read the issue about D700 with it's 24-70.

yes, I have 2 issues with this combo - expensive and image tag sharp

You should be comparing 5DII to D700 instead of the D3. D3 should be compared to the 1D/1Ds series.

What system are you on now? Think properly because it's going to be expensive when you need to change system.

I had the same dilemna as you, not knowing which to get. For me it's either D700 or 5DmkII. I read the issue about D700 with it's 24-70 and then proceed to get 5DmkII. Now 5dmkII has issue too. Either one has it's own pros and cons. Go find out more from the other threads, no one can decide other than youself.

yes, I have 2 issues with this combo - expensive and image tag sharp

thanks for ya infos..

In my opinion, all the cameras mentioned cannot be compared. D3 and D700 are only 12MP cams but noise control is much better than 1D/5D esp at high ISO. Canon has more interest in producing large photos. The closest flagship cams to compare are probably 1Ds with D3X.

In my opinion, all the cameras mentioned cannot be compared. D3 and D700 are only 12MP cams but noise control is much better than 1D/5D esp at high ISO. Canon has more interest in producing large photos. The closest flagship cams to compare are probably 1Ds with D3X.
how large do you print? A0 or more?
If not why compare....

how large do you print? A0 or more?
If not why compare....

Well. Ask that question to Canon. I'm not interested in large photo either.

Well. Ask that question to Canon. I'm not interested in large photo either.
i don't bother i ask.....
Cos i'm contented with the current camera that i've and the new nikon models D3/D700. :)

Eh, you are comparing with 5D Mark 2 and 1D Mark 3? High megapixel does not impact only size of printout but also colours in small prints.

Status
Not open for further replies.