Nikon D3, D300 already being manufactured for sale in November

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSSNewsRobot

Sep 27, 2006
Both the Nikon D3 and D300 are already being manufactured for sale, though at lower than target volumes as the company ramps up to full production levels, we learned today during a tour of Nikon's factory in Sendai, Japan.

More...

WHOO!!!

Hope the D300 and D3 comes to SG, Fast!:D

I'm surprised that the girl (worker) handling the camera is not wearing hair net and nitrate gloves. No wonder sometimes we hear ppl get dust, hair, finger prints inside their new lens and body. The anti static blue strap does not really means anything in todays manufacturing process, there is still static in the air and I dont see any mention of Ioniser blower fan or the class of enviroment it is in. And the product they are selling are not the cheapo ones so I would expect at least a class 100 enviroment.

However at least Nikon have started their production. Normally companies would not anounce their new products before they are ready for full scale productiion.

I also notice that the service center here repairs our camera in normal office enviroment.. not sure about Nikon but Canon one is in normal Air-con office only.

I suppose the D3 will be assembled in Japan (like D2 series). But will the D300 be mass produced in Thailand (like D200, D80, etc)?

Status
Not open for further replies.