Nikon D200 with Tamron 180mm Marco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC

Jan 14, 2005
Hi,

Anyone here using the above combination? Need to find out if the Tamron 180mm macro lens works well with D200.

Thank you.

Rgds.

No, it will not work, use Nikkor 200 f/4 Micro :lovegrin:

LFC said:
Hi,

Anyone here using the above combination? Need to find out if the Tamron 180mm macro lens works well with D200.

Thank you.

Rgds.

yes it will. its one of the fav macro/bug shooting lenses ard. :)

It definitely will not work on any of the cameras belong to espn.:bsmilie: But will work on many other people's D200.

Hope this help.

catchlights said:
It definitely will not work on any of the cameras belong to espn.:bsmilie: But will work on many other people's D200.

u can be sure the day nikon comes out with their own brand of undies, espn will start a WTS for all his old ones on yahoo auctions just to buy them... :sweatsm:

The Tamron 180mm works fine with my D70. Beautiful lens for macro.

D200 should be fine too.

nightwolf75 said:
yes it will. its one of the fav macro/bug shooting lenses ard. :)

Hi nightwolf75,

Are you a owner of D200?

Cheers.

nightwolf75 said:
u can be sure the day nikon comes out with their own brand of undies, espn will start a WTS for all his old ones on yahoo auctions just to buy them... :sweatsm:
How do you know that he din put nikon logos on his undies?

I heard that he only take the bus or taxi with nikon ads on it. if don't have, he rather walk.

I am thinking to get this superb lens also.
Anybody know what is the current best price ?

LFC said:
Hi nightwolf75,

Are you a owner of D200?

Cheers.

no... never had the pleasure of owning it yet (used it tho..). however, if u are a reader of photovideoI, last mth's issue featured papilio and his amazing butterfly shots (he was the featured writer for macro photography).

he was using his D2x and tamron 180mm....

ie - no reason why it won't work on D200.

catchlights said:
How do you know that he din put nikon logos on his undies?
I heard that he only take the bus or taxi with nikon ads on it. if don't have, he rather walk.

:bsmilie: That's a good one. Maybe Nikon will come out with VE undies (Vibration Enhancing). ;p

nightwolf75 said:
no... never had the pleasure of owning it yet (used it tho..). however, if u are a reader of photovideoI, last mth's issue featured papilio and his amazing butterfly shots (he was the featured writer for macro photography).

he was using his D2x and tamron 180mm....

Thanks nw75. :) I had the opportunity of testing the D200 (courtesy of Nikon SG) for a couple of outings with my T180. No problems whatsoever. It's one of the most popular lenses for macro shooters who require a longer working distance from their subjects. Sharpness is definitely on par with the best around.

Price is about $1,240 (with GST) +/- $20 from the popular camera stores in SG. :)

Thanks for your help guys.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.