Nikon D200 or D300? With the releasing of D700

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuySell

Mar 20, 2008
Hello, i'm quite new to photography and would like to ask opinions for which of the following Nikon cameras shld i get in the next month or 2, if i only have a budget of around $1.5k to $2.2k?

Heard that Nikon FX D700 is going to be release soon(which i wont be getting anytime for another 1.5 years or more), and that price of D200 had dropped alot and D300 still in a stable pricing, for my 1st DSLR shld i go for a D200 now or shld i wait for D300 price to drop further?

With a max budget of $2.2K, I suggest u get a D200 with lens and start shooting. It will take some years for the D300 to drop to current D200 level, by that time, maybe D400 or D800 will be coming out. Are you going to wait for the next model price to drop further again?

My advise is to get a system within your budget and start shooting. There is no end to cam body chasing and upgrading.

Get a D200, dry cabinet and 1 or 2 lenses with the 2.2k budget. :)

Accessories such as dry cabinet must not be forgotten. :bsmilie:

Ya go ahead with D200 1st and start shooting, in the future u can always sell it in B&S section to upgrade to D300 or better, or keep it as a backup camera :)

Go for D200. Recently I heard a new local set D200 body for only $1350? It's a good deal. Some folks at the b&s section r selling their set at $1200. Haha.

D300 and the impending D700 are way to advance for me. You should get them unless you really need those features, like ISO25600? Or if you like a CMOS sensor...

for a first dslr, a d200 is more then complete already.
another option is to settle for smth of a lower catergory and spend on ur LENSES.

Get good lenses. At this rate if nikon releases the D700, who knows a D800 will be released next year or something. New models are coming out faster and faster.

If you have the cash, why not? I know some D3 user who do not know to how hold a camera properly, uses 9fps on a model that does not move much, fill up the CF card and photos turn out crappy.

Just get the D200.Since its ur first dslr,you should even consider the entry-level cams such as the d40.the d200 & D300 are semi pro models.The D200 is still a very attractive model.I bought mine with grip and 2 batteries for only 1.25k

Just get the D200.Since its ur first dslr,you should even consider the entry-level cams such as the d40.the d200 & D300 are semi pro models.The D200 is still a very attractive model.I bought mine with grip and 2 batteries for only 1.25k

Wa gd deal!! i assume its 2nd hand? If new where u get it from? :confused:

You have a budget of between $1.5k to $2.2k.

You are only left with D200.

Even if someone were to offer a second hand D300 @ $2.2k, you are left with no lens.

Hello, i'm quite new to photography and would like to ask opinions for which of the following Nikon cameras shld i get in the next month or 2, if i only have a budget of around $1.5k to $2.2k?

Heard that Nikon FX D700 is going to be release soon(which i wont be getting anytime for another 1.5 years or more), and that price of D200 had dropped alot and D300 still in a stable pricing, for my 1st DSLR shld i go for a D200 now or shld i wait for D300 price to drop further?

Go for D200. Recently I heard a new local set D200 body for only $1350? It's a good deal. Some folks at the b&s section r selling their set at $1200. Haha.

Haha~! I also notice that. Nowadays people just lazy to do homeworks. End up with paying good money for a 2nd hand goods. :dunno:

And they think that since it is 2nd hand, sure the price is good? :bsmilie:

If you have the cash, why not? I know some D3 user who do not know to how hold a camera properly, uses 9fps on a model that does not move much, fill up the CF card and photos turn out crappy.

Have been gone through some galleries, agreed! Some really are like ..... :thumbsd:
But some even with PnS still :thumbsup:
Me puzzled.

Haha~! I also notice that. Nowadays people just lazy to do homeworks. End up with paying good money for a 2nd hand goods. :dunno:

And they think that since it is 2nd hand, sure the price is good? :bsmilie:

Those who didn't do their homework, then sad case loh. :cry::bheart::bsmilie:

Must stress again that a new set of D200 is now in a really good price. So attractive, D80 cant match that deal. Then again D300 and D700 seem like those 'no regrets' cameras. There really aren't much things to complain about with those 2.

Then again D300 and D700 seem those 'no regrets' cameras. There really aren't much things to complain about with those 2.

Yes they will become when the new DXXX comes out. Waiting for the next big thing is neverending.

Should just make the purchase base on what you need now.

Ryan

thank you for all ur replies.

Anyway is D200 good for landscape and night photography?

even if u liked to wait for the d700, i believe it would be priced high above ur budget...
right now if u dont mind having a "old model", which performs just as well if you know ur equipment... the d200 now is a awesome buy.
the d80 users who want to sell theirs now all have to suck thumb wait for buyers who dont do homework.......

skip the d200
battery life quite weak ..

wait to grad a 2nd hand d300

Status
Not open for further replies.