Nikon D200 Or Canon 30D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ysatis

Jul 8, 2006
i want to pick up photography as my new hobby. which camera is better for a newbie ? in the sense of idiot proof

Both are fine cameras. You should be looking at the system, not the camera alone. Kindly do a search/Google, this has been discussed a gazillion times.

Cheers.

none of them.. in the sense of idiot proof.. cameras like these will only serve to amplify your mistakes in the pictures you produce.. a lower end model like the D50,D70 or 350D or even an older 20D are cheaper choices you can start with.. they are also more than adequate for most needs.. more features dont mean better pictures..

which picture quality better?

Newbie ..... then better buy Sony Alpha 100 ....... entry level DSLR more for idiots ........ trust me I am one myself ........ :confused:

benedium said:
30D for newbie :thumbsup: Got more automatic program modes. And less noisy at higher ISO levels. Read this article on photo.net http://www.photo.net/equipment/canon/20D_vs_30D_vs_5D_vs_D200

If you base it on the fact that it has more automatic program modes then why bother with a dSLR in the first place? If thats the case, then you're better off with a high end prosumer camera.

D50 or D70s. if u're new to photography don't go to too advanced cameras. because most likely u won't use the controls. good luck! ;)

_espn_ said:
Yup, agreed :thumbsup:

yo bro, you here to spread the virus.... ;) ......... why don't ask him wait for D80.... heard it's cheaper... :thumbsup:

for truely newbie i think d50 beats all the other since it looks the most prosumer-like in terms of control. :thumbsup:
very simplified but good image quality

D200 for the feel !!!
really damn shiok to hold the camera !

N-user said:
yo bro, you here to spread the virus.... ;) ......... why don't ask him wait for D80.... heard it's cheaper... :thumbsup:

Already choosing between D200 and 30D mah. Dun confuse him loh.

N-user said:
Get D200 now cos it's available mah! :thumbsup: MTL!!! BBB SSS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.