Nikon D200 of Fuji S5

Status
Not open for further replies.

genkro

Sep 8, 2005
Just curious, which one will be the best buy, D200 pitted against S5 or D80, also considering S3.

Out of the 4 bodies, which will be the best.

genkro

Have you done the following:

1. Checked out their specs in a side-by-side comparison at dpreview

2. Read reviews

3. Held the bodies in your hands and tried to find out which feels better

If you haven't, do those 3 first. If you just come in asking "which is better" you'll get wildly different opinions that will just confuse you more.

Just curious, which one will be the best buy, D200 pitted against S5 or D80, also considering S3.

genkro

the guy behind any of this camera is the most important

considering that question, I honestly don't think you're ready for DSLR yet since you don't even seem to know what you want in a DSLR cam.

genkro

I's agree with Rashkae, each of the bodies have their pros and cons and if you aren't sure of what you want, then it's better that you dun get any. Go research more and find out what you need from a camera first.

Google is your friend...

depends if you need more speed(D200) or wider dynamic range(S5pro). the D80 and S3 I will pass, assuming you have the budget.
Personally if me I am more inclined for the S5pro because speed is not something which I need. good colour and dynamic range is more important for me.

depends if you need more speed(D200) or wider dynamic range(S5pro). the D80 and S3 I will pass, assuming you have the budget.
Personally if me I am more inclined for the S5pro because speed is not something which I need. good colour and dynamic range is more important for me.

i double this.... :thumbsup:

But are you willing to work on the LARGER files??

More storage space used up... bigger cards needed for same number of shots.

I would recommend the Nikon D200. I don't think it is worth it to fork out 2k USD for the S5 Pro which shoots at 1.5fps. Never had any issues with the D200's dynamic range either. I almost never need to shoot past the D200's dynamic range, even during the summer where outdoor contrast is at it's highest.

When I feel like making images with a wide exposure latitude, I just load up negative film with a Nikon N80/F80 and shoot. It is definitely a lot cheaper than the S5Pro and the results look film-like because it is film after all. Just something you might want to consider.

I would recommend the Nikon D200. I don't think it is worth it to fork out 2k USD for the S5 Pro which shoots at 1.5fps. Never had any issues with the D200's dynamic range either. I almost never need to shoot past the D200's dynamic range, even during the summer where outdoor contrast is at it's highest.

When I feel like making images with a wide exposure latitude, I just load up negative film with a Nikon N80/F80 and shoot. It is definitely a lot cheaper than the S5Pro and the results look film-like because it is film after all. Just something you might want to consider.

seldom hear about complains about nikon d200 so can consider but better research properly don regret wat u buy!wat kinda specs u looking for?

Status
Not open for further replies.