Nikon D200 Digital Camera Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehehe, I can live with the dislikes in the Conclusion page, not a problem for me.

– CAM1000 autofocus is a big improvement, and an advantage over competing cameras
– Magnesium body and dust seals
– Compatible with old Nikon lenses
– Excellent interface gives quick access to major controls

Dislikes
- Included RAW conversion software is lousy
- TTL flash exposure compatible with only the latest Nikon flashes
- Viewfinder shows only 95 percent of the image
- Not compatible with older batteries
- Inadequate software package - doesn’t ship with Nikon Capture 4

../azul123

azul123 said:
Dislikes
- Included RAW conversion software is lousy >>> NC4.4 so far give me veri gd picture output :thumbsup:

- TTL flash exposure compatible with only the latest Nikon flashes >>> But do u agreed that the outcome is much better then other flash? :think:

- Viewfinder shows only 95 percent of the image >>> Still not a pro-body :bigeyes:

- Not compatible with older batteries >>> Prevent 3rd party batt from damaging the cam. :sweat:

- Inadequate software package - doesn’t ship with Nikon Capture 4 >>> Software still have some cost, but not at much as adobe PS CS2. :devil:

so far, from all the reviews (even ken rockwell!) i've found this a dream camera for me! the reasons are the handling and viewfinder. for the weddings i do, rapid & fuss-free adjustments on the fly are v.important!

if not for the fact that i've got no budget, i'd get one!

- Included RAW conversion software is lousy
Got many options to choose from, not limited to just Picture Project

- TTL flash exposure compatible with only the latest Nikon flashes
So what's new? D70, D50 too. If you want backwards compatibility, D2 bodies ARE an option.

- Viewfinder shows only 95 percent of the image
Nothing new, all consumer bodies hardly have yet to show a 100% view coverage.

- Not compatible with older batteries
New firmware is used to check that only original batteries are used. Battery life and extra information is recorded in the battery, thus of course common sense+design is to stop older batteries from being used.

- Inadequate software package - doesn’t ship with Nikon Capture 4
Can download one lor...

Status
Not open for further replies.