Nikon D100 price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just clicked the link, the price is US$1999, not US$2100. Now...sweeter for Nikon user?

The price of the D100 kit includes:

Nikon D100 Digital SLR
Quick Charger MH-18
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL3
USB cable UC-E4
Video Cable EG-D100
LCD Monitor Cover BM-2
Strap AN-D100
AC power cable for Charger
Software CD-ROM:
Europe: FotoStation 4.5
Nikon View 5.1

I wonder what does the D60 comes with...too bad no free CF card.

Originally posted by rochkoh
This 'kit' has no lens?? *scratch head*

If you were Nikon, what lens will you include, and how will you put the price then?

Originally posted by Kho King
Just clicked the link, the price is US$1999, not US$2100.
*KOK* :p

US$1999 is the "expected street price". I believe the earlier price mentioned at dpreview was a direct conversion of the Canadian List price.

Originally posted by ckiang

The new AF-S 28-85 G ? :)

Regards
CK

Nah...I wouldn't include any lens, as it would make the consumers feel the D100 is much more expensive than Canon D60, although it includes the lens as a kit.

Now I wonder how would Fuji S2 going to survive...

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Oooh goody goody.

All that lovely cheap secondhand Canon glass from those converting to Nikon.

Pity my collection is almost complete.

Do you have 1D, D60 or D30 to couple to your collection? If no...then many Nikoners are drooling over the LOW price of 2nd hand D30 now...

Originally posted by Kho King

If you were Nikon, what lens will you include, and how will you put the price then?

Anyone here works for Nikon? :)

I'll have at least two promotional strategies:

a) Reasonably seasoned photographer, currently owning 2-3 Nikon lenses + Nikon compatible flash + accessories (Prosumer). Can't afford the D1 or D1X but wants to get into digital photography. Call this the 'D100 BODY Kit'. No lenses only Body. (I fall here)

b) Relatively new to photography, probably owns a point & shoot, a mid-end-of-life DC or an old SLR and wants to upgrade to an upgradable system (Prosumer wannabes). Tempted by the Canon D30/D60 but wants to see what else is available. Call this the 'D100 BODY + LENS Kit'. Pair it with a respectable 28-85mm lens and a 32/64MB CF, it'll be ready right out of the box. Price it very very competitively, like US$2100 (the original mentioned price) or close. Sell them a system, not a camera. (My friend falls here)

Think Nikon can improve it's marketing strategies? Do share! Big brother might be watching. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.