Nikon D100 and Panasonic LC-1 COMPARED!! a review by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

popeye

Apr 14, 2003
Visit site
what's the purpose for this test? :dunno:

Can panasonic beat D100 if you print it bigger? let's say 12R?

To me it's like comparing Carlsberg with Tequila. On a smaller portion, tequilla seems taste better. But once you drink it in a jug's portion, tequila will kill you, while Carlsberg still give no effect of degradation to your brain :D

marcwang

Jan 9, 2003
East Singapore
www.pbase.com
popeye said:
what's the purpose for this test? :dunno:

Can panasonic beat D100 if you print it bigger? let's say 12R?

To me it's like comparing Carlsberg with Tequila. On a smaller portion, tequilla seems taste better. But once you drink it in a jug's portion, tequila will kill you, while Carlsberg still give no effect of degradation to your brain :D
Well, your analogy, I do not understand.

But the purpose of this casual test, was not to show whether a panasonic can beat a d100 on a 12R print. But rather, something far more fundamental.
Prosumer cameras are these days are much closer in terms of image quality, as compared to Dslrs.

Have a nice day.

Prismatic

Feb 25, 2003
In the void.
Visit site
Hmm... so what's the fundamental stuff?
If both pictures are interpolated, I don't really see the basis for comparision. It might just become a demonstration of CS's interpolation capability.

tomcat

Nov 7, 2003
Visit site
As someone who actually owns and uses a LC1, I find your review to be quite fair and balanced. No camera, DSLR or P&S digicam, is perfect but the razor sharp Leica Summicron lens coupled with the stylishly retro analog controls make the LC1 :thumbsup: in my book despite its failings (and which camera does not have any?) and a worthy companion to my DSLR for those times when I don't feel like lugging along a ton of equipment on an outing.

Excellent tests, Marcwang.
Indeed, it provide a very good detailed information especially to Panasonic LC 1 users.
Appreciate your great effort in sharing your views in clubsnap.
Keep it up, always read your thread with interest. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom