Nikon D100 6.1 megapixels digital SLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dawn

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
Hi

looks like the PMA announcements are just rolling in.......

Nikon D100

Rough Translation:
23.7mmx15.6mm 631 megapixel(total) CCD
Picture size 3008x2000
New body design to achieve small size and light weight
AF same as F80; i.e. 5 focus points
build-in strobe, D-TTL with possible fine exposure control
weight ~ 700g

nikon1_1.jpg

from dpreview's forums:
Compact and lightweight (weighs approx. 700g/24.7 oz.)
6.1 effective megapixels

3D Digital Matrix Image Control for precise exposure control, adaptive auto white balance, and optimal color accuracy

High-performance built-in Speedlight with D-TTL flash control
Three color modes offered for different workflow environments
Five-Area Autofocus with Dynamic AF operation
High-speed image processing provided by new one-chip system LSI
Top shutter speed of 1/4,000 sec. and flash sync speed up to 1/180 sec.
Plug-and-play USB 1.1 interface for quick computer connection
On-Demand Grid Lines can be displayed in viewfinder

Compatible with CompactFlash™ cards Type I and Type II including 512MB/1GB IBM MicroDrive™

Nikon View 5 software (supplied) enables easy transfer and viewing of images -- including those taken in Nikon “NEF” RAW file format -- on computer

Optional Multi Function Battery Pack MB-D100 accepts six 1.5V LR6 (AA-size alkaline) batteries, or one or two Li-ion batteries; features voice memo recording/playback function, vertical shutter release button, Command and Sub Command Dials, AF start button and a 10-pin remote terminal

Specifications
Effective pixels 6.1 million
CCD 23.7 x 15.6mm RGB CCD (6.31 million total pixels)
Image size L (3,008 x 2,000); M (2,240 x 1,488), S (1,504 x 1,000)

Sensitivity ISO equivalency 200 - 1600 (can be boosted to higher ISO equivalency)

Storage media CompactFlash™ (CF) Card (Type I/II) and 512MB/1GB IBM Microdrive™

Color setting 3 modes available

LCD monitor 1.8-in., 118,000-dot, low-temp. polysilicon TFT LCD with LED backlighting

Exposure metering Matrix , Center-Weighted and Spot; EV 0-21 at ISO 100 with f/1.4 lens (EV 3-21 with Spot Metering)

Exposure control Auto-Multi Program (Flexible Program possible), Shutter-Priority Auto, Aperture-Priority Auto and Manual

Interface USB 1.1
Power requirements Li-ion Battery Pack EN-EL3, AC Adapter EH-5 (100-240V AC)
Dimensions (W x H x D) 144 x 116 x 80.5mm or 5.7 x 4.6 x 3.2 in.
Weight (without battery) Approx. 700g or 24.7 oz.

An initial look at it makes it look similar to the F80 body. In fact, I won't be very far wrong if it's the f80 body tweaked. The major improvement, I guess would be the ability to meter with MF lenses... and not to mention a decent vertical grip. But that's as far as I can tell...

Well, blow me down. It's exactly like the F80 in terms of M/F lenses. ;p It can't meter unless it's an AIS lens. And the flash sync is slightly improved., from 1/125 to 1/180,

the gauntlet (?) has been throw... let the battle BEGIN !!!!!!!

WOWOW !!!!
aren't you guys excited to be involved in this major crossing for photography ?? :p

Originally posted by megaweb
full frame CCD ?
No -> New CCD sensor is the same size as that of D1-series SLRs (lens magnification factor x1.5).

Finally... Nikon release something to counterstrike Canon D30 :rbounce:

The question now is how much will it cost? :embrass:

Originally posted by StreetShooter
D30 owners who wish to get rid of their Canon lenses to switch to Nikon please contact me....

...and after u have gotten rid of your Canon lenses, and wanna
get rid of your D30 body, can contact me :bsmilie:

..NuTs..

I've been a Canon user but this camera has really got me thinking................;p For once, a prosumer camera that actually has a spot meter, something Canon can't give me.

Originally posted by Kit
I've been a Canon user but this camera has really got me thinking................;p For once, a prosumer camera that actually has a spot meter, something Canon can't give me.

Not only that, it has other nifty things like on-demand grid lines on the viewfinder (like F80), and you can use a cheapo $10 mechanical cable release instead of an almost $100 one. :)

Regards
CK

Uh, the d100's actually based on the F80 body...

Yes it is, it's quite obvious from the body. You thought it's based on the F100? :p

PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE PRICE

Originally posted by YSLee
Yes it is, it's quite obvious from the body. You thought it's based on the F100? :p

I still wonder why they called it a D100. Calling it D80 will be a lot less confusing. But then, Canon has the same problem. The D30 is not based on the EOS 30....

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.