Nikon D-Lighting vs. Sony DRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooneyedWileECoyote

Jun 5, 2006
Has anyone done comparison of the above 2 on the same scene? Which gives better result?

Would really like to see differences 'cos I'm planning to get DSLR soon... plse post pics. TIA

Has anyone done comparison of the above 2 on the same scene? Which gives better result?

Would really like to see differences 'cos I'm planning to get DSLR soon... plse post pics. TIA

I would go for Nikon anytime, over a Sony.
I'm a Canon user, whose never used a Pentax DSLR, and only used a Olympus manual cam :bsmilie:

Ok, back to the main point.. why don't you just go out and test the 2 cameras? Different people would have different opinions and tastes, which don't neccesary suit yours. Just go and test them out.

whats D-Lighting?

anyway, instead of either, i'll go for a Fuji...

but my guess is TS is getting his 1st DSLR... my advice, choose your system wisely... dun just go for software enhancements.

without both you can always use photoshop shadow/highlight...:bsmilie:

you can get a better result from both cameras using raw and processing it properly instead of d-lighting or dro. i feel that this is not the feature to base your camera purchase on.

maybe you should look into other things like ease of handling, noise control, lens selection etc.

does the d lighting relli work?

even on the compacts?

Nikon D-lighting works well, but it's not at all necessary. I don't normally use it anyway. Exposing your photos well in the first place is better. And photoshop is far better too, like what ExplorerZ says.

Nikon D-lighting works well, but it's not at all necessary. I don't normally use it anyway. Exposing your photos well in the first place is better. And photoshop is far better too, like what ExplorerZ says.
actually I do PP with capture NX using D-lighting... loveing it. :lovegrin:, can get back a lot of details using it

thanks all for advice... yes, I think PS on computer would get results, but I think I'd prefer some on-camera processing, as I would like to spend more time on taking pics than post-processing infront of a screen.

no pics to share?:(

upon thinking, isn't Nikon using Sony sensor, and hence its the same thing? or maybe either side have some minor improvements...
eh sony DRO is done by another chipset that is not in nikon or sony sensor... was said to be a hardware process while nikon d-lighting is a software like photoshop shadow/highlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.