Nikon D 750 Flash stuck, when opened found white dust like particles inside

aloks

Deregistered
Jun 22, 2009
Hi
I was surprised to see white powder like particles inside my Nikon 750 body, what is this ? Is this due to some short circuit inside ? Actually auto pop up flash was stuck, when repair men opened body, he found lot of white particles inside.
Please help, what is this and how to clean it permanently. Can it damage circuit of camera ?
Camera is working perfectly.
Thanks & Regards
Aloks

Attachments

• Nikon D 750.jpg
    Nikon D 750.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 89
What did the camera repair say about that? A camera repair man knows exactly what it is.

It looks like magnesium oxide. This happens when the camera (made up of magnesium alloy), was exposed to water or excessive sweat.

Reactions: aloks
What did the camera repair say about that? A camera repair man knows exactly what it is.

It looks like magnesium oxide. This happens when the camera (made up of magnesium alloy), was exposed to water or excessive sweat.
Thanks for reply.
Repair men asked me about camera coming in contact with salt water ? It never came in contact with salt water. Is there any manufacturing defect inside camera body ? Is there any chances of camera going dead ?
Please reply.

Loads of white powder could also indicate a defect of a capacitor. When these guys 'bang' they release something like that.
Since you mentioned pop up flash..

Reactions: aloks
Loads of white powder could also indicate a defect of a capacitor. When these guys 'bang' they release something like that.
Since you mentioned pop up flash..
Thanks for reply.
Pop up flash is stuck due to large amount of white powder like substance near the base of flash.