Nikon CP990 - worth repairing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgeralds

Apr 2, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Bought a nokon cool pix 990 in October 2000. Now having problem. When the camera is turned ON, it powers up and then dies. Is it worth to repair? If not what can i do with it? sell? And what other Camera would u recommend under S$ 2000 and under S$1000? I need good zoom, shake proof and fast timing inbetween shot. Thks.

dgeralds said:
Bought a nokon cool pix 990 in October 2000. Now having problem. When the camera is turned ON, it powers up and then dies. Is it worth to repair? If not what can i do with it? sell? And what other Camera would u recommend under S$ 2000 and under S$1000? I need good zoom, shake proof and fast timing inbetween shot. Thks.

It is not worth repairing this camera as it will be very costly. I doubt Nikon still have the spares for this camera.

You might be able to diagnose the problem yourself:

Problem with the battery: many recharge cycles, battery life slowly getting worse.

Problem with the charger: Put flat battery in, and the battery only takes a very short time (5-10 mins) to recharge.

Both of the above problems can be excluded by finding someone else with a CP990 (with a healthy battery and charger) and testing.

Problem with internal camera circuitry: you are screwed. Repairs will be expensive and you are probably going to be better off getting a new camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.