Nikon CP 8800 vs Sony F828

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotorthrust

Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
Hi all fellow members,

Need some pro advise on the a/m. A colleague of mine intends to get a digicam, but he can't really decide on which one to get. Thus, need some advise from here.

Many Thanks.

If u want manual zomm ring, the SLR-like feeling, the F828.

If u want a long zoom with Nikon's Vibration Reduction, go for CP8800

If u want manual zoom ring and anti-shake, can consider KM A2 (if still can find)

:)

Tks Hafele,

Probably i would personally recommend him the F828 bcos he has quite a fair bit of 58mm filters.

I'd hope that i'm right to say that the Nikon 8800 can't fit any of his 58mm filters.

Many thanks for the advise.

Cheers!

at tis price range got 4 contenders liao

. Nikon CP 8800
. vs- Sony F828
. vs- KM A2
. vs- Panasonic FZ30

let d battle begin!!:devil:

dun b tied down by filters. getting a gd cam is a higher piority!!:vhappy: :vhappy:

i haven't used the f828 (personal bias against sony...lol), but i love my 8800 to bits. but therefore, i can't offer any help in terms of quality.

you are right that your friend's existing filters wont fit, although i don't think its very big an issue. a bigger issue he may encouter, is the difficulty getting 3rd party filters which would fit on the 8800's 62.5mm. when i got my 8800 the original filters weren't here yet, and i gave up the serach. i hear it is as difficult now still to get something that fits.

perhaps your friend might also want to consider the kind of mem card his current cam uses? perhaps a migration of cards could provide some savings - at the highest jpeg settings, the 8800 exhausts a 1g card in under 300pics.

Hi Eye_Sorez and Uncleparty,

Thanks for the prompt advices, and will definitely advise him on those 2 pointers highlighted.

Many Thanks.

Ask your friend to consider the Fujifilm S9500 as well.

It has a 28-300mm lens with manual zoom ring and focusing ring. Also have class leading high ISO performance and good news for your friend, it uses 58mm filter thread.

tao said:
Ask your friend to consider the Fujifilm S9500 as well.

It has a 28-300mm lens with manual zoom ring and focusing ring. Also have class leading high ISO performance and good news for your friend, it uses 58mm filter thread.

:thumbsup:

yeah..go for the d-50...but remember...the f828 has the advantage of a swivel lens...so there are advantages to that....there was an occasion where I had to go low during an event shoot....luckily i was using the f828...else I would be lying on the floor if I was using the my D70..

Please also remember that the D50 is the first of your purchase. There'll be many more to come.

jbma said:
Please also remember that the D50 is the first of your purchase. There'll be many more to come.

Good point. That was why I decided on CP 8800 instead. And as for the lenses, they would have to be ordered via any Nikon authorised stores. They would arrive after about a few months though. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.