Nikon CoolScan III Film Scanner S$199. Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
Very cheap deal,

But does not come with SCSI II card or cable. how much it cost usually?

Originally posted by behyx
Very cheap deal,

But does not come with SCSI II card or cable. how much it cost usually?

A cheap PCI SCSI II card cost around $30...:) Cable cost around $30-$40 ;)

Branded Card like Adaptec will cost more... around $100

But you can for sure there will be a long Q @ Nikon booth before 3pm. :eek:

For $199, with ICE, Nikon brand...

HELL, YEAH! You'll be lucky if they still have stocks.

It's part of hwz promotion @ sitex @ singapore expo.

oh so the SCSI kit should be around $60-70.. i see.. thanks..

do you think it's a steal at this? say.. $199+$70=$269? or for this price is there any other better one?

do you think it's a steal at this? say.. $199+$70=$269? or for this price is there any other better one?

BTW its a 10bit scanner pretty these days the scanners are all 16 bit if not more. but given the price + ice is worth looking at it

Originally posted by Minority

BTW its a 10bit scanner pretty these days the scanners are all 16 bit if not more. but given the price + ice is worth looking at it
The Coolscan IV ED uses a 12-bit A/D convertor while the Super Coolscan 4000 ED and the Super Coolscan 8000ED uses a 14-bit A/D convertor. :)

It's a Film Scanner and with ICE. Confirm WORTH. :rbounce:

Where can you get a film scanner below $300 + 1 yr warranty.:D

Originally posted by Minority

You cannot compare 16bit flatbed scanner with film scanner. They are of different class.

Originally posted by Bean
The Coolscan IV ED uses a 12-bit A/D convertor while the Super Coolscan 4000 ED and the Super Coolscan 8000ED uses a 14-bit A/D convertor. :)

erm, we are talking about III; not IV

erm, we are talking about III; not IV
I know, thought Minority was comparing the III with the current CS and like to highlight that IV is 12-bit and not 16-bit.

Anyway, does anyone knows how is the "queue" for the CP cameras offer today? :dunno:

just the cam... but the scanner is only 50, vs 88 cams? sold out by 4pm from reports on HWZ... LOL
nah didn't go lah.. sitex nothing to see one..

ohh.. yea.. kinda boring at sitex.. but im still thinking if i should go down and try my luck with the scanner.. hmm

try lor... maybe can sell it at markup LOL..

the cp800 is like so old. granted at 200 it's cheap, but it's like 4 gens old... the lifespan+performance has changed so much..
LOL... use as webcam?

haha.. not that bad lar... I hope i can get the $399 citibank offer digicam tmr .. if not i might try for the scanner.. heee

Status
Not open for further replies.