Nikon Coolpix3 to be Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Just received an email from Nikon that the Coolpix3 will be introduced on 29 May. No other information is available, but you can enter your email at the site below and receive first hand information once it becomes available.

Click here for more.

The link is totally blank. Cannot see at all. Maybe they have taken it out? :dunno:

Originally posted by kamwai

u try again? it is a flash, so u must install flash player also

I do have flash installed. I tried again but still cannot see leh. When I click on it, the loading of the page was almost instantaneous. Other websites I can see the loading.... sign.

Hmmm, don't know why. :dunno: :dunno:

Originally posted by Goondu

I do have flash installed. I tried again but still cannot see leh. When I click on it, the loading of the page was almost instantaneous. Other websites I can see the loading.... sign.

Hmmm, don't know why. :dunno: :dunno:

You should get a page with the Coolpix logo, and a popup window with the new Coolpix3 Flash Movie. And another popup window with the existing Coolpix cameras.

Regards
CK

I hope the design is like the current CP5k, not the CP2.5k.

Originally posted by Kho King

Actually, I'd prefer the Coolpix 9xx design rather than the CP5K design though the latter has a hotshoe and all. The 9xx swivel-lens is a lot more useful than the flimsy flip LCD.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

You should get a page with the Coolpix logo, and a popup window with the new Coolpix3 Flash Movie. And another popup window with the existing Coolpix cameras.

Regards
CK

Well, no page with coolpix logo, no popups at all. But anyway, thanks for your help.

Er, possible to give the actual url address? (If the url address is http://www.nikonusa.com/coolpix/, which means that I still cannot see. :cry: :cry: )

Originally posted by Kho King

Did you use 9xx series before? What most of the users hope the CP3 to be is the 9xx's swivel body! Not 5k one.
Really hope that Nikon really does something this time! If not it will certainly hand its DC market to Canon, Olympus and Sony. :( Some rumours say that can be:
a) Foveon X3?
b) 3D photography?
c) 3 axis moving lens part?
d) Improved 995 + 5k's DC?
e) None of above.

Final answer?:dunno:

I really hope that it will be a big leap by Nikon again,if not, kaaboom, finish!:dent:

Yes!! Keep the 9xx series swivel body.. keep the thread on it too so we can use the same attachments!!!

Originally posted by 007

Did you use 9xx series before? What most of the users hope the CP3 to be is the 9xx's swivel body! Not 5k one.
Really hope that Nikon really does something this time! If not it will certainly hand its DC market to Canon, Olympus and Sony. :( Some rumours say that can be:
a) Foveon X3?
b) 3D photography?
c) 3 axis moving lens part?
d) Improved 995 + 5k's DC?
e) None of above.

Final answer?:dunno:

I really hope that it will be a big leap by Nikon again,if not, kaaboom, finish!:dent:

Originally posted by willyfoo
Yes!! Keep the 9xx series swivel body.. keep the thread on it too so we can use the same attachments!!!

Yeap that is what most of the current 9xx users wish for! (+ most of the flash brackets manufacturers' wishes also, i.e. Michael Offe, .....etc......):bsmilie:

Originally posted by Goondu

Well, no page with coolpix logo, no popups at all. But anyway, thanks for your help.

Er, possible to give the actual url address? (If the url address is http://www.nikonusa.com/coolpix/, which means that I still cannot see. :cry: :cry: )

That's strange. Write an email to Nikon to complain. :p

Regards
CK

I hope they improve on the 8xx series.

I'm shopping for a new digicam and I was in favour of Nikon 885 because of its size, build, metering, and controls. However, it lacked aperture/shutter priority and has only 2 apertures.

Because of this, I'm looking at Olympus instead...

Originally posted by lokety
I hope they improve on the 8xx series.

I'm shopping for a new digicam and I was in favour of Nikon 885 because of its size, build, metering, and controls. However, it lacked aperture/shutter priority and has only 2 apertures.

Because of this, I'm looking at Olympus instead...
Well, if you are able to wait another one month you can wait for this new one to appear. Hopefully it price like the around $800 .. that's my budget only

according to the forum user in Nikon forum @ www.dcview.com.tw
there will be new model for 8xx & 9xx coming June .. for those who r interested .. can wait for it .. Also, there will be a improve version of 5000, with a 8x optical ..

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.