Nikon CoolPix P6000 vs Canon G10

Status
Not open for further replies.

leotst

Jun 23, 2008
I am current a Nikon DSLR user and am thinking of getting a digital compact as back-up or when on business trip which would be quite difficult to lug my system along. I am considering between the Nikon P6000 and Canon G10. Based on the reviews I have read so far, it seems that G10 is the winner hands down. But I would like to hear opinions from fellow CSers, especially Nikon CSers before buying. BTW, is Nikon P6000 made in Japan?

yea! Panasonic LX3!!!

Thanks all for your reply. I was not looking at Panasonic but having looked at the review. It seems to be quite impressive in terms of performance though the zoom range is shorter compared to G10 or P6000. Any idea where the LX3 is made from? The Nikon P6000?

Thanks all for your reply. I was not looking at Panasonic but having looked at the review. It seems to be quite impressive in terms of performance though the zoom range is shorter compared to G10 or P6000. Any idea where the LX3 is made from? The Nikon P6000?

LX-3 and G10 from Japan, P6000 if i not wrong was from indonesia ask this p6000 few mth ago:eek:

I would not recommend the Nikon P6000 as you'll need to charge the battery in camera instead of using a battery charger.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Coolpix, PowerShot, Lumix Challenge[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.bythom.com/compactchallenge.htm

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

I would not recommend the Nikon P6000 as you'll need to charge the battery in camera instead of using a battery charger.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Coolpix, PowerShot, Lumix Challenge[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.bythom.com/compactchallenge.htm

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Thanks for the link thats was a good one

Dear all,

Thanks for the reply and advise. Despite the lack of zoom in the LX3 the Leica lens will somehow make up for that. I understand that the LX3 has a slower processing speed compared to the G10. Anybody wish to comment?

Slower processing speed as in? writing to the memory card? It seems to be acceptable in the writing speed though. Maybe you want to elaborate further on that. =)

Hello everyboddy
I feel DP review website like people buy canon products so I dont trust to that website.It doesnt show every feauture that nikon p6000 has.I am going to buy nikonp6000 beacause
Nikon is the number 1 in cameras world.:)

Dear all,

Thanks for the reply and advise. Despite the lack of zoom in the LX3 the Leica lens will somehow make up for that. I understand that the LX3 has a slower processing speed compared to the G10. Anybody wish to comment?
see which one you want, picture nicer or machine gun fast take pictures.

For myself, i am using Sony DSC P72 3.2MP. Not exactly top of the line these days but still works very well for occassions where DSLR would be cumbersome.

Hello everyboddy
I feel DP review website like people buy canon products so I dont trust to that website.It doesnt show every feauture that nikon p6000 has.I am going to buy nikonp6000 beacause
Nikon is the number 1 in cameras world.:)

Yay for you! :thumbsup:

Cameras world :D

Status
Not open for further replies.