Nikon Coolpix 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ling

Apr 13, 2002
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new here so hope to seek some advise from you experts!

I went down to AP today and saw the Coolpix 2500, quoted S$520 for the camera. The guy told me it's selling very well!
He also recommend FujiFilm 2600Z - S$480.

I know nothing abt shutter or apecture... dun even know wat's red eye :embrass:

These are my requirements:
- Point and shoot
- Print them out (I understand 2mp is the least I can go)
- Handy, easy to carry
- Able to do optical zoom
- Budget around S$500-S$600

I will like to seek your opinions and suggestion. Is there any other camera I can look at too? I read from here A40 is good but it might too complicated for me, I won't know how to make good use of it.

Any new owners of this camera to share your experience using it?

Thanks very much for any contribution! :)

Originally posted by Ling
Hi all,

I'm new here so hope to seek some advise from you experts!

I went down to AP today and saw the Coolpix 2500, quoted S$520 for the camera. The guy told me it's selling very well!
He also recommend FujiFilm 2600Z - S$480.

I know nothing abt shutter or apecture... dun even know wat's red eye :embrass:

These are my requirements:
- Point and shoot
- Print them out (I understand 2mp is the least I can go)
- Handy, easy to carry
- Able to do optical zoom
- Budget around S$500-S$600

I will like to seek your opinions and suggestion. Is there any other camera I can look at too? I read from here A40 is good but it might too complicated for me, I won't know how to make good use of it.

Any new owners of this camera to share your experience using it?

Thanks very much for any contribution! :)

3 candidates - the Fujifilm FinePix 2600 Zoom, Nikon CoolPix 2500 and Canon A40.

All r 2.1MP DCs, 3x optical zoom and have point n shoot mode, price abt the same too.

The fuji FP2600z is a straight-forward no-frills p&s DC...simple to use, no need too much use intervention.

The nikon 2500 has a good design....looks great.....suitable for the trendy ppl.

The canon a40 has limited manual controls.....which is good for nite shots.

All 3 r good, why not you roll a dice...1-2 fuji...3-4 nikon...5-6 canon...

:D

Originally posted by kylelam77
the canon A40 is the best bet.

There's also the consideration on future needs....cos the A40 may not have the options u need when u want to get serious in photography.

The Olympus C-2040z is abt $650 and has full manual control + various automatic or programed modes in case u wanna just point-n-shoot.

Originally posted by Jayan

The Olympus C-2040z is abt $650 and has full manual control + various automatic or programed modes in case u wanna just point-n-shoot.

I've been using my office olympus 3.3mp (think C3000) and I like it cos the LCD is big. I need something which I can easily keep in my bag wherever I go but dun want to compromise too much on that. :dunno:

Thanks for your comments!

I've been using my office olympus 3.3mp (think C3000) and I like it cos the LCD is big. I need something which I can easily keep in my bag wherever I go but dun want to compromise too much on that. :dunno:

Thanks for your comments!

Hmm....then the Nikon CoolPix 2500 is the best choice...cos it small and handy + the swivel lens design looks really sexy too!!!

photo_e2500.jpg

Originally posted by Jayan

Hmm....then the Nikon CoolPix 2500 is the best choice...cos it small and handy + the swivel lens design looks really sexy too!!!

photo_e2500.jpg

hey, it sure looks like toy and couldn't do serious shooting based on 1st look :D

i got nikon 775

not say good camera. but size does matter. you'll use it more, take more photos, get more value back when your camera is pocket size.

buy a chunky camera with manual controls only if you're serious about photography and want to win photo contest - if so get G2.

yup hope this advice help.

oh yes, another thing - get one that starts quickly and don't use battery like water. 775 is a bit too slow...

rats.

Originally posted by zxspectrum
i got nikon 775

not say good camera. but size does matter. you'll use it more, take more photos, get more value back when your camera is pocket size.

buy a chunky camera with manual controls only if you're serious about photography and want to win photo contest - if so get G2.

yup hope this advice help.

oh yes, another thing - get one that starts quickly and don't use battery like water. 775 is a bit too slow...

rats.

Thanks for your advise. Nikon 775 is a bit bulky otherwise I would have consider Canon A40. I know nothing abt photography so I won't know how to make full use of A40 too.

Nikon 2500 seem to be the best choice, I'm waiting for my colleague to check if he could get a better price for me or I will wait till the official launch to see if there is any freebies :)

Thanks for your advise. Nikon 775 is a bit bulky otherwise I would have consider Canon A40. I know nothing abt photography so I won't know how to make full use of A40 too.

Nikon 2500 seem to be the best choice, I'm waiting for my colleague to check if he could get a better price for me or I will wait till the official launch to see if there is any freebies :)

If price is not an issue, you may want to consider Canon Ixus 330. Same specs as A40 and smaller size. It provides you with Auto and Program modes for simple users. If ever you need or want to explore further, manual setting are available to you.

Canon Ixus V is also another choice (although it have been in the market for quite long already - 2 years?)

I didn't like the shape of Coolpix 2500 as its a bit longish.

Originally posted by copland

If price is not an issue, you may want to consider Canon Ixus 330. Same specs as A40 and smaller size. It provides you with Auto and Program modes for simple users. If ever you need or want to explore further, manual setting are available to you.

Canon Ixus V is also another choice (although it have been in the market for quite long already - 2 years?)

I didn't like the shape of Coolpix 2500 as its a bit longish.

I agree, 2500 looks long and it's not that "nice" to hold.

Anyway, Ixus cams are pricey mainly because of it's appearance right? Functions/Features wise, they not really that appealing hor?

If size does matter to you, get ixus v!
You dun even feel it was there when you carry it around...

There was once I brought it with me to China Black and took alot
of photos. ( my friend birthday ) .... The AF illumination lamp really very useful in dark places like this. Switch off the LCD display, just aim the AF illumination lamp to the subject and shoot!!

haha.... damn lucky never kena caught by the bouncer!

Well if you are thinking of getting "very sharp/focus photos"... this is not the one... anyway it is juz a p & s dc.

Frankly speaking... the photos i took with coolpix 995 is sharper than ixus v.... well... but again... i took more photos using ixus v cos its so small and it fit in my jeans.

I print out the photos taken with ixus v and my friends thought that it is taken by a film camera.

Originally posted by revenant

I agree, 2500 looks long and it's not that "nice" to hold.

Anyway, Ixus cams are pricey mainly because of it's appearance right? Functions/Features wise, they not really that appealing hor?

I went down to Alan the other day and had a 'feel' of the camera. It's quite comfortable to hold.

Just to share with all of you, Nikon will have a road show soon but date not confirm yet.

Originally posted by revenant
btw, is there a viewfinder for it? Can't seems to locate it.

No viewfinder. Have to depend on the LCD. That is one of the bad points of the Coolpix 2500.

Status
Not open for further replies.